0 Replies Latest reply on Nov 26, 2014 6:09 PM by matheushm44

Premiere Pro CC 2014 very unresponsive while rendering on background with Adobe Media Encoder

matheushm44

Usually while I eddit videos on Premiere, I'm rendering on the background with AME. Or at least I used to. Some time ago, this process suddenly stopped working, as rendering on the background bagan to make Premiere really unresponsive, and quite impossible to work with. I couldn't think of any change I made other than switching my HDD, and I blamed it on that (it made sense because new HDD is one of those WD Green ones, a little worse than my old Seagate one). So I adapted to just queueing everything and start rendering when I was done edditing. But yesterday I installed a 240gb Kingston HyperX SSD, re-installed Windows and the main apps on it, and tried again, hoping to see an improvement. Now I was storing the original media on the HDD, running OS, Premiere and AME on the SSD, and rendering to the HDD. It did not work. Premiere still became slow while I rendering with AME. So I thought it might get better if the HDD was not reading and writing at the same time, and I switched the original media to the SSD, while still rendering to the HDD. Also didn't help. I don't know why this setup suddenly does not work, and I really need to fix it.

My setup:

Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit

Intel Core i7 2600 @ 3.4GHz

12GB of RAM

nVidia GeForce GTX 560 (yes, drivers are up to date)

Dual monitors (one for Premiere workspace and one for a bigger program monitor)

2TB WD Green HDD where I keep most of my junk (and media files)

240GB Kingston HyperX SSD where I run the OS and important apps (Premiere and AME included)

I'm running Adobe Premiere Pro CC 2014 (8.1.0 build) and AME CC 2014 (8.1.0.122 build)