2 Replies Latest reply on Nov 27, 2014 5:46 PM by freddiy

If statement with variables working across different actions.

freddiy

Hey, I was wondering if I could ask you guys/gals a few questions concerning Edge Animate. I uploaded this picture to make it easier to explain:

http://oi61.tinypic.com/v2zh8j.jpg

So, atm when I mouseover "portfolio" I play a symbol that moves the three papers "out" so to say (sym.getSymbol("moportfolio").play(0);). These 3 papers are 3 different elements but they are in the same symbol.

On mouseout it stops the symbol so all 3 papers "vanish" (sym.getSymbol("moportfolio").stop(0);).

On click "portfolio"  I want to hide the blue paper and disable the mouseout action mentioned above (so they don't vanish, only blue will "vanish").

I was thinking of doing a if statement, but I can't get it to work at all. Where do I define the variable (in click action?) and how do i get the value from the variable to the other action (mouseout)?

This is how I'd like to solve it...
      ------------------------------------------------

Click:

sym.getComposition().getStage().getSymbol("moportfolio").$("projectblue").hide();       <--- hides the blue one

var disableactionportfolio = true;                                                                                           <--- set it to true on click

----------------------------------------------

Mouseout:

if (disableactionportfolio= true;) {

<--- does nothing, red and yellow stay out while blue vanished

} else {

sym.getSymbol("moportfolio").stop(0); <--- makes the papers go "back in"

}

It would be even more awesome if I could make them rewind (go back in instead of vanishing)

Cheers!

• 1. Re: If statement with variables working across different actions.
          vivekuma Adobe Employee

You can get/set such variable like below:

sym.getVariable("disableactionportfolio") and sym.setVariable("disableactionportfolio", true)

So , code will look as:

Click:

sym.getComposition().getStage().getSymbol("moportfolio").$("projectblue").hide();

sym.setVariable("disableactionportfolio", true);

Mouseout:

if (sym.getVariable("disableactionportfolio")) {

<--- does nothing, red and yellow stay out while blue vanished

} else {

sym.getSymbol("moportfolio").stop(0); <--- makes the papers go "back in"

}

hth,

Vivekuma

• 2. Re: If statement with variables working across different actions.
            freddiy Level 1

Thanks a lot! I really mean it, I've learned so much from these forums!