6 Replies Latest reply on Nov 28, 2014 8:17 PM by Skybreeze26

How to get Windows 8.1 touch screen to work with my Creative Suite Cs5

Skybreeze26

Really want to know if there is a way to make Creative Suite Cs5 work on my Windows 8.1 touch screen device that does not have the wacom hardware

• 1. Re: How to get Windows 8.1 touch screen to work with my Creative Suite Cs5
          Warunicorn Adobe Community Professional

I always thought that such a feature had to be supported in the software? (I don't know for sure, though.)

• 2. Re: How to get Windows 8.1 touch screen to work with my Creative Suite Cs5
            Skybreeze26 Level 1

Ya it does have to be supported by the software there should be an update so people that have purchased their programs can use it on touch screen instead of being forced into a monthly fee just to be able to work on the go. I refuse to pay a monthly fee for one of the five programs I already purchased just to use on a touch screen that is insane Its like paying for a program every year.

• 3. Re: How to get Windows 8.1 touch screen to work with my Creative Suite Cs5

Skybreeze26 wrote:

Ya it does have to be supported by the software there should be an update so people that have purchased their programs can use it on touch screen instead of being forced into a monthly fee just to be able to work on the go. I refuse to pay a monthly fee for one of the five programs I already purchased just to use on a touch screen that is insane Its like paying for a program every year.

Well, considering bang for the buck, CS6 is about $700 USD to buy outright, which is fine but users have to be aware that Adobe's only going to put out critical updates for that version for the time being. No new features, etc. Even its Camera Raw doesn't have any of the new features inherent in Photoshop CC's Camera Raw.

Contrast this with paying about $120 USD/year (about $10 USD/month if one chooses to go that route) for Photoshop CC, Lightroom and any and all updates and new features to those programs via the Creative Cloud Photography Plan. By the time you've paid the equivalent that you would just for CS6, you'd have updates and new features that are leaps and bounds ahead of CS6. (CC itself has gone though several major updates that contain new features.) IMHO, there's no contest.

• 4. Re: How to get Windows 8.1 touch screen to work with my Creative Suite Cs5
                Skybreeze26 Level 1

That's fine and all but the ability for their newest software to work with the latest hardware seems pretty critical update to me however Adobe's priorities seems to be collecting these monthly fees that you only allows you one program if you pay $120 a year I use 4 which is $50 a month.  Honestly there is a lot of contest that doesn't charge a monthly fee and works fine and I think adobe has forgotten that.

• 5. Re: How to get Windows 8.1 touch screen to work with my Creative Suite Cs5

Skybreeze26 wrote:

That's fine and all but the ability for their newest software to work with the latest hardware seems pretty critical update to me however Adobe's priorities seems to be collecting these monthly fees that you only allows you one program if you pay $120 a year I use 4 which is $50 a month.  Honestly there is a lot of contest that doesn't charge a monthly fee and works fine and I think adobe has forgotten that.

It's actually two under the CC Photography Plan (PS and Lightroom); maybe three if you include Bridge CC which was always free and part of Photoshop.

I can understand there being issues if you want to use more than PS and Lightroom but I'm guessing one would enter more professional territory there. (I'm just an enthusiast.)

I'm not sure if Adobe has forgotten anything where Photoshop's concerned. It's the image editor of image editors. Sure, there are "competitors"...if you can call them that. Corel's PaintShop Pro comes close, as does Gimp...even Adobe's own Photoshop Elements is pretty good if one wants the basics...but they're decidedly not Photoshop.

• 6. Re: How to get Windows 8.1 touch screen to work with my Creative Suite Cs5
                    Skybreeze26 Level 1

Im a graphic designer that uses multiple programs Photoshop Illustrator In design dream weaver. 50 dollars a month is $600 dollars a year I am not paying what I paid for a creative suite every year to use the same programs i have been using for four that is $2,400 dollars I would have had to pay already. That isn't realistic and pro's and enthusiasts should not support a company that instead of backing their programing and creating a patch to help with touch screen support to keep up with the hardware they charge you a monthly fee so you can.  If they are not going to support their program why should I or anyone else? I love Adobe products but not enough to stick with them if they think they can just keep their hand in my pocket or anyone else such as the public school systems why should they have to pay a monthly fee to use the new programs it is bad enough for them.  Its not just about user incompatibility its about bad business.