I have recently migrated to a new PC:

i7-5930K @3.5GHz

Gigbyte GA-X99-UD4 Rev1

32 gig DDR4

Nvidia K4000

W8.1

Software Raid 0 3 x 1TB SSD

Cache SSD 1TB

My previous was stable if not slow but I am having a few teething troubles.

I have a project that I started with dynamic linking to Premiere  - mostly green screens.

The linking was good to start as I could get the characters into the edit and see how they were placed but the linking became too burdensome on the system so I took to rendering out .png sequences.

When I render it is quite quick and I dont mind that but when the render finishes AE goes Not Responding and although I havent sat around waiting to see if it eventually comes back - I kill it and start again.

I am rendering with multiple frames - 12 cores - 2 gig each

• 1. Re: Crash after render
          NimChimpski Level 1

It is very annoying as it stops rendering when there is a queue without warning that there is anything wrong. When you stop the queue it comes up with a warning dialogue  that is blank because the program has hung before it can put text into the dialogue box.

• 2. Re: Crash after render
            Mylenium Most Valuable Participant

You left out the most important part: Which version of AE? if this is AE CC 2014, then try not using PNG and instead use compressed TIFF. PONG is somehow a complete mess in CC 2014...

Mylenium

• 3. Re: Crash after render
              NimChimpski Level 1

Thanks Mylenium. It is CC2014 fully up to date. I recently discovered how convenient .png is for alphas but I could happily revert to tif or tga. I like image sequence for intermediate media because if there is an interruption then you can easily pick the render back up and not have to start from scratch.

My best

R

Sent from my iPad

• 4. Re: Crash after render
                NimChimpski Level 1

Update!

I tried changing to tif sequences and it still crashes at the end of the render - with render multiple frames on I have noticed it comes up with an error about missing a frame and changing the memory per CPU settings and auto save seems to want a hand in at the completion of a render too - could it be both colliding? I still cant read the error message as it crashes before it has written it. Maybe avi with alpha  . . . .

• 5. Re: Crash after render
                  NimChimpski Level 1

I have been using .avi with alpha - at the end of a render it warns that as a result of multi a frame wasnt rendered then does an autosave then hangs

• 6. Re: Crash after render
                    NimChimpski Level 1

it is possible that it doesnt hang if Premiere Pro isnt open. These comps all began life as linked comps that I then took out of the link (or so I thought) so that I could render the media separately to reduce the overhead.