2 Replies Latest reply on Nov 28, 2014 5:35 AM by ozkan

How to convert idml to pdf in java through SOAP?

ozkan

Hi All,

I am very new to INDD Server SDK. My question can be very basic.Sorry for that in advance.  What I need to do is sending an idml file to InDesign CS6 Server and get a PDF back in java. This is required to enable translators translating idml format to preview the translated idml. Is this possible? Are there some code samples about how to do it?

Thanks a lot.

Özkan

• 1. Re: How to convert idml to pdf in java through SOAP?
          kinanu.be Level 1

Yes, what you describe is a typical application for InDesign server. I have implemented several webbased solutions like that (for example: translating and creating catalogs for multiple languages). Check the InDesign server "Getting Started" guide. It has references to sample code and how to use the SOAP service.

• 2. Re: How to convert idml to pdf in java through SOAP?
            ozkan Level 1

Hi ,

Thanks for your response. Can I convert an IDML file which is located on my local pc, not in server, to pdf or jpeg using server sdk? I have had a look at "Getting Started guide", but still not very clear about how to attain this. How can I create a Document object from local IDML file, for example? Should file exist on INDD Server side?

Your help is very much appreciated.

Özkan