5 Replies Latest reply on Dec 1, 2014 6:22 AM by Szalam

Adjusting ready projects

Abcdly12

When working with a made projects like this kind After Effects Project Files - The Slideshow | VideoHive

that let's say has a slideshow of 5 photos is it easy to make it 10 photos and make it smooth and part of the project../?

• 1. Re: Adjusting ready projects
          Dave LaRonde Level 6

That depends.  How do you measure your experience working with After Effects -- in years, months, weeks, days or hours?

• 2. Re: Adjusting ready projects
            Abcdly12 Level 1

bout 4 months  maybe..
            Beginner level .. 

• 3. Re: Adjusting ready projects
              Szalam Adobe Community Professional & MVP

As I see it, it should be pretty easy to put as many in there as you want, but you wouldn't need AE to do it. Since the slides completely disappear before the next one comes in, all you would have to do is make and render as many versions as you want and then lay them next to each other in an editing program like Premiere. If you were more experienced, you could duplicate compositions and lay them all together in one main comp in AE.

If you've mostly learned AE from YouTube videos, I highly recommend going through these resources: Getting started with After Effects Some of it may be redundant since you're about four months in, but I'm pretty sure a lot of it will be new, useful info that will make your work in AE easier.

• 4. Re: Adjusting ready projects
                Abcdly12 Level 1

When i try to duplicate a comp and change it a bit the text or whatever it' changes both of them ._.

how can i make it change only the  duplicate comp and not the original comp also.

• 5. Re: Adjusting ready projects
                  Szalam Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Abcdly12 wrote:

When i try to duplicate a comp and change it a bit the text or whatever it' changes both of them ._.

how can i make it change only the  duplicate comp and not the original comp also.

You're duplicating the comp in the timeline. Things in the timeline (other than text layers and shape layers) are merely references to items in the project panel. You must duplicate your composition in the project panel. Open the newly created duplicate and change things in there. Then either render that comp or plop it in the timeline of another comp wherever it belongs for your needs.

Since you don't understand AE basics like using compositions and precomping, I would highly recommend you go through the resources I linked earlier: http://adobe.ly/AE_basics

1 person found this helpful