1 Reply Latest reply on Nov 28, 2014 8:57 PM by Migintosh

Can't print multiple copies of saddle stitched booklet

mytmo777 Level 1

We purchased a Canon Image Runner Advanced C5235 copier/printer last March, with a booklet maker. When printing from InDesign CS6, I can print one booklet, folded and stapled. However, as soon as I select more than one copy, it won't fold and staple the pages. I'm using a Mac with OS-X 10.9.5. I've had lengthy discussions with Canon tech support and had a technician in to look at it, and we've determined that the issue is exclusive to InDesign. I can print multiple booklets from Word and Adobe Pro, and by copying letter-sized pages on the Canon rather than printing from the computer. Has anyone else experienced this? Why would I be able to print one booklet, but not two or more? I know the work around could be to export from INDD to PDF, but when I do that, it automatically shrinks the content and centres it on each page of the booklet, resulting in tiny font and a lot of wasted space on the perimeter of each page, which is not acceptable for my finished product.

• 1. Re: Can't print multiple copies of saddle stitched booklet
          Migintosh Level 4

mytmo777 wrote:

I know the work around could be to export from INDD to PDF, but when I do that, it automatically shrinks the content and centres it on each page of the booklet, resulting in tiny font and a lot of wasted space on the perimeter of each page, which is not acceptable for my finished product.

There is a Page Scaling setting in both Acrobat and Reader that many people overlook that could be why your pages are shrinking.

ss.png

If it has defaulted to Fit to Printable Area, try setting it to None. You may still only get one booklet at a time, but there are a few things about printing directly from InDesign that people find doesn't work as well as it should. Exporting to PDF is one of the things that usually gets you out of problems.