6 Replies Latest reply on Dec 2, 2014 10:56 AM by A.T. Romano

unable to find video presets

newthought2@gmail.com

I uploaded Premiere Elements 7 and I am unable to find any of the video presets to create an AVI, WMV, or MP4 video. I'd appreciate any assistance you can provide.

• 1. Re: unable to find video presets
          John T Smith Adobe Community Professional & MVP

1 - moved to the correct forum

2 - do you mean you INSTALLED the program? (uploading is what you do with a file from your computer to an Internet site)

3 - what are your computer details?

• 2. Re: unable to find video presets
            A.T. Romano Level 7

newthought

If you are using Premiere Elements 7 Windows and are looking for

video presets to create an AVI, WMV, or MP4 video

WAY ONE

For AVI and WMV, go to

Personal Computer

and then scroll down to the panel for DV AVI or Windows Media.

Set the Presets field.

Each of the presets can be customized from the default under the Advanced Button of the preset selected.

For MP4 (presumed you are looking for H.264.mp4)

Mobile Phones and Players

Apple iPod and iPhone

Set the Presets field.

Each of the presets can be customized from the default under the Advanced Button of the preset selected.

WAY TWO

File Menu/Export/Movie

Settings Tab

General

and, under General, you can find choices for DV AVI, Microsoft AVI.

As for your computer details...Premiere Elements 7 is a Windows only version and runs as a 32 bit application whether your

computer is 32 bit or 64 bit.  The locations of the features requested should be as I have indicated above.

Any questions or need clarification, please do not hesitate to ask.

Thank you.

ATR

• 3. Re: unable to find video presets
              newthought2@gmail.com Level 1

I have a hp laptop running windows 8. The presets didn't load and I have no

settings folder. How do I get the presets and is that necessary to create,

edit, and download a video?

• 4. Re: unable to find video presets
                A.T. Romano Level 7

newthought2

If you have not already, make sure that you have the latest version of QuickTime installed on your computer with Premiere Elements 7.

Make sure that you are running the computer and program as Administrator.

If Presets have not loaded, then

uninstall the program the usual Control Panel route

do a ccleaner run through to get rid of leftovers from incomplete installs uninstalls

CCleaner - Download

reinstall with antivirus and firewall(s) disabled

Check the reliability of the place from which you obtained Premiere Elements 7 Windows.

From what you wrote, I am assuming that you can see the File Menu/Export/Movie and Settings as well as the

Share/Personal Computer/ and its categories, but that there are nothing listed for "Presets" in each case.

Please review and consider and then let us know the outcome.

Bottom line - the presets install with the purchased activated program.

Thank you.

ATR

• 5. Re: unable to find video presets
                  newthought2@gmail.com Level 1

I have a hp laptop running windows 8. The presets didn't load and I have no

settings folder. How do I get the presets and is that necessary to create,

edit, and download a video?

• 6. Re: unable to find video presets
                    A.T. Romano Level 7

newthought2

Sorry for the delayed replay...detours and some travel to a place without a convenient computer.

Does the problem exist with and with the antivirus and firewall(s) disabled?

Are you running the program on a computer with an working Internet connection?

Are you getting any "feature needs activation" messages?

The absence of presets in the installed activated program that is currently online is a fundamental flaw in the program.

Do you have the purchased serial number for your Premiere Elements 7 as well as installation files or installation disc for the program.

If so...

The remedy

a. Uninstall of the program the usual Control Panel way

b. Free ccleaner run through with antivirus and firewall(s) disabled

CCleaner - Download

c. Reinstall of the program with antivirus and firewall(s) disabled.

There is no way to rip export presets if they are not there already. There was a case with Premiere Elements 9 where some MPEG export presets went missing

H.264 presets missing from MPEG preset list | Premiere Elements 9 | Windows

But that was not the case with Premiere Elements 7. And, it does not sound like what you have described.

Please review and consider the uninstall/ccleaner run through/reinstall and any antivirus and firewall(s) implications in all this.

We will be watching for further developments.

Thank you.

ATR