Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Error Message

Mar 19, 2007 Mar 19, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When trying to open a open large(2MB) .chm files on the network, I'm getting an error message:

"There is not enough memory available for this task. Quit one or more programs to increase available memory, and then try again."

The smaller .chm files opened just fine. Isn't it weird? Please help! Any feedback/suggestion would be greatly appreciated.

Many Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Amarelv and welcome to the RH forums. CHMs are not designed to run on a network drive for a start. Check out this link on why not. As an aside, it sounds like the problem may be with your PC not the network. Typically this message occurs when you have too many memory intensive applications open on your PC. Do as the message says and if that doesn't work, reboot your PC.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm able to open the large CHMs files with no problem on my PC. When I go to the Intranet, and click on the link to open the CHM files (the large ones). I get the error message.

"There is not enough memory available for this task. Quit one or more programs to increase available memory, and then try again."

Please help.

THANKS!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK so the memory problem is on the intranet. Contact your network administrator. BTW have you looked at the link I sent in my last response. Even if you get the large CHM to open on your intranet you'll inevitably hit the same issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Sorry me again! I should have said that the problem may also be the speed at which your PC accesses the network. Either way, it is not a RH issue and you'll have to get someone in your IT department to find out what is going on.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp