10 Replies Latest reply on Nov 30, 2014 2:21 PM by Anhoilan

saving foto's png format

bhajraguru

i have to extracting lots of foto's and save them as png. can i save them all in one time,

now i have to save them one by one

• 1. Re: saving foto's png format
          John T Smith Adobe Community Professional & MVP

What program are you using?

• 2. Re: saving foto's png format
            bhajraguru Level 1

photoshop

• 3. Re: saving foto's png format
              watsonsree

i have no idea what you ask

• 4. Re: saving foto's png format
                Level 5

It sounds like you want to convert a bunch of image files as PNGs and you want to do it as a batch, in one fell swoop..

In Photoshop, The Image Processor Pro will do that for you.

Screen Shot 2014-11-30 at 1.54.34 AM.png

• 5. Re: saving foto's png format
                  Anhoilan Level 1

Do you mean that you have a group of pictures that you have to turn into png's?

I would just use an image converter for that. There are many you can download for free, but not all of them preserve the quality of your pictures well.

Otherwise I would open Adobe Bridge, locate the pictures and select them all, then click Tools > Photoshop> Load files into photoshop layers.

They now will all open as layers in the same file in Photoshop.

Then in Photoshop you can click File > Scripts > Exports layers to files, the pop-up menu you get then is pretty self-explanatory.

• 6. Re: saving foto's png format
                    Level 5

Anhoilan,

Consider yourself nominated as creator of the weirdest post of the year.  (Trying to be kind and polite here.)

• 7. Re: saving foto's png format
                      Anhoilan Level 1

I wanted to edit in that that might not be the best way of doing it, but it is the fastest I know of haha

But then I could not edit my post, oddly enough.

In the image processor there does not seem to be an option to save them as PNG, perhaps that can be edited in Photoshop's preferences, but I'm unaware of that.

And from my experience Bridge is faster than the 'Load files into stack' option in Photoshop's scripts, I guess that's just a personal preference.

Now I just wanted to add that your attempt to be kind and polite, was actually pretty rude. You could just have said that my suggestion is not efficient and explained why and what was wrong with it. That would not have made me feel like a fool, and we could have actually learned from that. I don't mean to be all defensive, but it is something you can keep in consideration the next time you want make such a comment.

• 8. Re: saving foto's png format
                        bhajraguru Level 1

thanks

• 9. Re: saving foto's png format
                          Level 5

Anhoilan wrote:

…But then I could not edit my post, oddly enough…

No, you cannot edit a post once someone has replied to it, even yourself.  Nothing "odd" about that.

Screen Shot 2014-11-30 at 10.55.19 AM.png

I'm blunt, not rude.  No one can ever make someone else "feel like a fool", unless that someone is one.

This is the Photoshop forum, Photoshop is a professional level application that makes no apologies for its very long and steep learning curve and it has enough features to make a beginner's head spin.

To send a user to an "image converter" to save image files as PNG when that user has Photoshop simply boggles the mind.

The suggestion to create a file with 100 layers or more just to save individual images as PNGs richly deserved my comments above.  Sorry.  I call them as I see them.

• 10. Re: saving foto's png format
                            Anhoilan Level 1

I was just trying to help with the little things I know, but I'll remember not to do that anymore.

I hope you'll remember to give people constructive feedback, instead of blunt jokes and insults.

In Photoshop I work a lot with small png and gif images, often in big batches of about 300 files.

What I suggested is something I use a lot, and it works well for my business. It just depends on what type of images you're working with.

Like I said, I just tried to help with what I could think of, not saying it is the best way to do it.

I think an unhandy suggestion is still better than none at all, it would still be a solution if the only other option seems to be saving them all by hand.

So bhajraguru, I'd advice you use station-two's suggestion. Since it is a much more solid one ^^