22 Replies Latest reply on Dec 21, 2014 7:39 AM by The Primate

how do I send a message

The Primate Level 1

This so frustrating. I am in a time crunch. I went to send files using send now and it has transitioned to Send. When I go there and log in, The screen doesn't show the usual sent form, where I just put in the email address and pick files. I can pick files, but I can't find were to put the recipient's email address. What happened to the screen. There is nothing intuitive. Where do I put the address to send my files. Isn't that a KEY thing for a program called SEND? Bring back the old screen...give people who are transitioning a chance. The screen is so white that there is little contrast at the site,

lou

• 1. Re: how do I send a message
          bob.treitman Employee Moderator

Please take a look at the Help documentation for Adobe Send. If you still have a question about how to use it, let us know.

• 2. Re: how do I send a message
            The Primate Level 1

Thanks! I did and found you have to check one of the inexplicable boxes before the address entry is allowed. My point still stands--can they make the screen easier to use? Also, send is a lot slower than sendnow. I may try a free program, like drop box before I renew. Sendnow was much better. The new one is very uncomfortable. Why did they change to this in the first place?

• 3. Re: how do I send a message
              P.Heffernan Level 1

I have the same problem. What is the point of Send Now if you cannot send Files.

• 4. Re: how do I send a message

>>What is the point of Send Now if you cannot send Files.

SendNow is being retired. At this time, it is not possible to send any files through the SendNow service.

We encourage you to use its replacement service -- Adobe Send.  For instructions on how to use Adobe Send, see: Acrobat.com Help | Using Adobe Send

• 5. Re: how do I send a message
                  P.Heffernan Level 1

I have dragged a file to into Adobe Send, but cannot see anywhere to enter the email address of the recipient. I notice that other people have the same problem. Please can you help.

Patricia Heffernan

• 6. Re: how do I send a message

Check the box next to Send Personalized Invitations, then enter the email addresses in the Send To field.

Note that this feature is only available to paid subscribers.

AdobeSend.png

• 7. Re: how do I send a message
                      P.Heffernan Level 1

Dear Bob,

Afraid I cannot see a box to check to send personalised invitations.

• 8. Re: how do I send a message
                        The Primate Level 1

Bob,

Can you pass this along to the company?

We wouldn't need instructions if the screen presented us with easy choices. When I send email or pictures, "personalized invitations" isn't what comes to mind. PUT THE ADDRESS YOUR SENDING TO HERE, works better than any links or instructions you can give. We save time for answers and the company from addressing us. The issue now is: Will Adobe change the screen to make it easier for paying users?  Adobe should hire me to test all their stuff, because what's needed isn't a slick programmer or seasoned user, but someone ignorant, not very smart, and with no common sense. I'll find every wrong turn in a program or site for you.

Bob, and all others, have a nice Christmas and thanks for giving us support in this forum. THAT is appreciated and I never lost sight of that.

Lou

• 9. Re: how do I send a message

Hi Lou,

Thanks for the feedback. I will pass it along to the Design folks. They have been tweaking that page a bit to make things a bit more obvious, and we've had some lengthy(!) discussions as to the best wording to better describe Public and Personalized links. There are some changes coming soon. One minor tweak we recently made was to move the "Send To" label from its original position above the two link-type check boxes to its current location below the Personalized Link option.

You're right in that one shouldn't need to read the Help docs to perform basic tasks like sending files.

We appreciate the Seasonal Greetings!

• 10. Re: how do I send a message

What browser/operating system are you using? Can you take a screenshot (and post it here) that shows what you're seeing?  Are you not seeing either checkbox? Please make sure that the screenshot shows everything.

To post the screenshot, you'll need to save it as a file. Then, as you're composing a reply, click on the camera icon in the header camera.pngand follow the directions for attaching the file.

• 11. Re: how do I send a message
                              P.Heffernan Level 1

Dear Bob,

I am using Mac OS X Yosemite, which is quite new. Do you think this is the problem?

Regards

Patricia

• 12. Re: how do I send a message
                                P.Heffernan Level 1

Dear Bob,

I to send a  screen shot, but it just wouldn't go.

Regards

Patricia

• 13. Re: how do I send a message

Hi,

It's really hard to diagnose the problem without knowing what you are seeing.

Are you saying that you can't see the check boxes, but you do see the text (Send Personalized Link)? Or are you not seeing the text, either?

What is different about the screenshot that I posted above and what you are seeing. Please be as detailed as possible.

Lastly, can you try a different browser (Safari, Firefox, Chrome)? You didn't say which browser you  are using.

• 14. Re: how do I send a message

One more thing to try:  Just click into the Send To field and enter an email address. Once you've entered it, does the blue Send button at the bottom get enabled? It should look something like this. If it doesn't, please describe what is different in your view. Other than the different spellings (e.g., Organise and Colour).

SendDialog.png

• 15. Re: how do I send a message
                                      P.Heffernan Level 1

Dear  Bob,

If I click on send it just says to select a file, if I select a file, I am still not offered the option of entering an email address. When I tried to do a screen short, it comes up on the desk top, but wouldn't send with the email.

Regards

Patricia

• 16. Re: how do I send a message
                                        P.Heffernan Level 1

Dear Bob,

Across the top of the page I have the following:

Files     Send    Fill & Sign      Export PDF     Create PDF      Combine Files      Organise Pages    Acrobat

Beneath this

Send Files

Send and track large files on line

In a blue box : Select Files to Send

Under that: View All Sent Files, which just contains the last 2 items I sent.

Regards

Patricia

• 17. Re: how do I send a message

I just sent you an email, but what happens when you click on the Send Files button? That should allow you to select files to send, then you'll be taken to the page where you can enter your recipients' email addresses.

• 18. Re: how do I send a message
                                            P.Heffernan Level 1

Dear Bob,

Nothing happens. I can choose a file to send, but that is all. Even this disappears if I try to send it.

Regards

Patricia

• 19. Re: how do I send a message
                                              P.Heffernan Level 1

Dear Bob,

I cannot see the check boxes and no Send Personalised Link. I have the same problem with Firefox.

Regards

Patricia

• 20. Re: how do I send a message

I'm sorry but I don't quite understand. Are you choosing it from your Acrobat.com Files or from My Computer? What are you seeing after you choose the file to send?

It would help if you could write down every thing you're doing, step by step, so that I can try to reproduce. And then getting screenshots for the results. Otherwise, it's extremely difficult for me to diagnose what's going on.

SelectFiles.png

• 21. Re: how do I send a message
                                                  P.Heffernan Level 1

Dear Bob,

I am choosing a PDF from my computer. This loads onto Send, but then there is no where to add the email address I want to send it to.

Regards

Patricia

• 22. Re: how do I send a message
                                                    The Primate Level 1

Bob,

I finally got to sending files with SEND. I am having so many difficulties with the service that I never had with SENDNOW. I had to send 23 photos (they are about 3 Meg each and files with no problems) to someone. SEND stopped transmission because of some sort of error. I reduced the files sent to 12, same problem. With three, they went through. The program is also renaming some of the files by adding "01" or "02" to them. I spent around three hours trying to get them sent and was never successful. I had to burn a CD with the photos for the person. Adobe's SENDNOW was so good I told friends and workers about it. Why did Adobe ruin something that was convenient and cheap? SEND has so many problems and wastes so much time that I can't use it. There is a consistent problem with both services. Receivers get confused and download the files multiple times because they don't realize the first was successful, and for each photo downloaded, I get an email, so I might get sixty or seventy emails for one set of pictures.

Can someone dump this SEND thing and go back to SENDNOW?