3 Replies Latest reply on Nov 29, 2014 8:21 AM by dj_paige

Help! Files lost

libby17

After returning from vacation, I went to import pictures from a micro SD card. An error appeared, that unfortunately I ignored. I imported pictures from another SD card before returning to the error. When trying to investigate, I realized that everything was gone. I have tried using recover software to locate images, but this too has failed. I am really hoping that someone might have a suggestion for locating these lost vacation images.

• 1. Re: Help! Files lost
          dj_paige Level 9

libby17 wrote:

After returning from vacation, I went to import pictures from a micro SD card. An error appeared, that unfortunately I ignored. I imported pictures from another SD card before returning to the error. When trying to investigate, I realized that everything was gone. I have tried using recover software to locate images, but this too has failed. I am really hoping that someone might have a suggestion for locating these lost vacation images.

"Everything was gone"??

Can you be more specific? Gone from where? Gone from your operating system? Gone from Lightroom? Gone from the camera card? Something else?

What is "everything"? Do you mean your catalog file is gone? Do you mean your photos are gone? Something else?

• 2. Re: Help! Files lost
            libby17 Level 1

THe photos are gone from the sd card and can't be located on the computer. The second sd card that I imported after the error created files and had no problems. i tried recovery software on the sd card. Nothing appeared.

• 3. Re: Help! Files lost
              dj_paige Level 9

I have no idea what happened. Lightroom does not remove photos from your SD card.

But I wouldn't trust that particular SD card any more.