4 Replies Latest reply on May 11, 2006 10:48 AM by MonkinJack

How do I create a Scrolling table

MonkinJack
      Hello: I haven't used Dreamweaver for awhile, but just purchased the Education version of Dreamweaver 8 and need some advice. What I would like your help with is how to create a variable length webpage pane (vertical scroll bars only) that would contain a 3 column table. The number of rows loaded into the table would change each month.

I've been able to create and load a 3 column table in DW8, but since the page length varies according to the number of entries loaded in the table, I loose sight of column headings and other page data. What I would like to do is populate a list box that would allow users to scroll thru just a few table rows at a time thereby keeping the column headings and other data displayed on the page.

Can you point me to some code to accomplish this or to the name of the feature(s) I need in the documentation?

Thanks in advance for any help.

JackGombola

I would like to see site visitors scroll through this pane to learn information about the products/services I will offer and provide the opportunity to link to a new page to see relevant samples for some, but not all of the entries.
        • 2. Re: How do I create a Scrolling table
          Level 7
          I recently discovered this interesting solution. I'ven o idea how
          cross-browser compatible it may, or may not, be. I'd love to hear
          comments from the css gurus:

http://codylindley.com/blogstuff/css/pushpin/pushpin.html

emichael brandt

Monkin&Maude wrote:
          > Hello: I haven't used Dreamweaver for awhile, but just purchased the Education
          > version of Dreamweaver 8 and need some advice. What I would like your help
          > with is how to create a variable length webpage pane (vertical scroll bars
          > only) that would contain a 3 column table. The number of rows loaded into the
          > table would change each month.
          >
          > I've been able to create and load a 3 column table in DW8, but since the page
          > length varies according to the number of entries loaded in the table, I loose
          > sight of column headings and other page data. What I would like to do is
          > populate a list box that would allow users to scroll thru just a few table rows
          > at a time thereby keeping the column headings and other data displayed on the
          > page.
          >
          > Can you point me to some code to accomplish this or to the name of the
          > feature(s) I need in the documentation?
          >
          > Thanks in advance for any help.
          >
          > JackGombola
          >
          >
          > I would like to see site visitors scroll through this pane to learn
          > information about the products/services I will offer and provide the
          > opportunity to link to a new page to see relevant samples for some, but not all
          > of the entries.
          >
          >
          • 3. Re: How do I create a Scrolling table
            Level 7
            It's the same method. They are using overflow and height setting on the
            content div.

.dataGridContent {
            overflow:auto;
            width:915px;
            _width:912px;
            height:144px;
            border-bottom: 1px solid #D9D9D9;
            }

--
            Regards,
            ..Trent Pastrana
            www.fourlevel.com

"E Michael Brandt" <michael@valleywebdesigns.com> wrote in message
            news:e3jrg1$n13$1@forums.macromedia.com...
            >I recently discovered this interesting solution. I'ven o idea how
            >cross-browser compatible it may, or may not, be. I'd love to hear comments
            >from the css gurus:
            >
            > http://codylindley.com/blogstuff/css/pushpin/pushpin.html
            >
            > emichael brandt
            >
            >
            > Monkin&Maude wrote:
            >> Hello: I haven't used Dreamweaver for awhile, but just purchased the
            >> Education version of Dreamweaver 8 and need some advice. What I would
            >> like your help with is how to create a variable length webpage pane
            >> (vertical scroll bars only) that would contain a 3 column table. The
            >> number of rows loaded into the table would change each month.
            >>
            >> I've been able to create and load a 3 column table in DW8, but since the
            >> page length varies according to the number of entries loaded in the
            >> table, I loose sight of column headings and other page data. What I
            >> would like to do is populate a list box that would allow users to scroll
            >> thru just a few table rows at a time thereby keeping the column headings
            >> and other data displayed on the page.
            >>
            >> Can you point me to some code to accomplish this or to the name of the
            >> feature(s) I need in the documentation?
            >>
            >> Thanks in advance for any help.
            >>
            >> JackGombola
            >>
            >>
            >> I would like to see site visitors scroll through this pane to learn
            >> information about the products/services I will offer and provide the
            >> opportunity to link to a new page to see relevant samples for some, but
            >> not all of the entries.

• 4. Re: How do I create a Scrolling table
              MonkinJack Level 1
              Your suggestions worked! Thanks to all who responded.

JackGombola