Since I have the same problem and am stuck in the Premiere-hotline-queue for about 15 minutes, I thought I'd bump this topic because this problem is bugging us ever since we switched to CC.
The only difference to Cornishman47 is, that we can't even play audio in the clip monitor - and that randomly after numerous reboots (sometimes after restarting the software) it works fine...and the next time it doesn't again.
Before the usual questions arise:
- there are only wav-files 48kHz 24bit in the session
- there are no plugins on the tracks
- the interface (Matrox MXO2) works with every other application
- other outputs (like the integrated) don't work as well
- this happens through multiple projects, file formats and hard drives (no network-drives)
- the most recent version of Premiere is installed
- the media cache has been cleansed
6-Core Intel Xeon E5 3,5 GHz
OSX Yosemite 10.10.2
Everything smells like a serious production-stopping bug, but maybe someone has another idea.
Thanks in advance
For starters, Premiere pro does not have a Clip Monitor. It has a Source Monitor and a Clip Mixer, but I'm not sure which you're referring to. Can you clarify?
Source Monitor; sorry, German software here
Does the Play-head move when you hit the Play/Stop button?
Yes, the video plays as well
I would suggest two steps:
- Reset the preferences
- If that doesn't work, create a New Aggregate Device on your Mac and set it up accordingly in your Audio Hardware settings. How to combine multiple audio interfaces by creating an aggregate device - Apple Support
Thanks for your reply.
Right now it seems to work after resetting the preferences (holding Shift when launching), but because it's not reproducable I can't be for sure if that really was the source of the problem.
Should I stumble upon it again, I'd try your second suggestion and eventually get back to you.
But thanks again, hope this solved the problem.
New project, old problem. The Aggregate Device didn't help.
Resetting the Preferences AGAIN seemed to help, but that's not really a satisfying solution - to reset the preferences and adjust the settings over and over again. (Aside from the fact that it's not clear if that's the cause of the problem at all)