5 Replies Latest reply on Dec 2, 2014 7:17 AM by Szalam Branched to a new discussion.

After Effects bugs in Win

LeoFromItalia

When I watch after effects tutorials, everything works perfectly. But I have noticed that most of them are made with Macs. I am so irritated over the bugs in AE and Photoshop. Win users seem to be second class clients for Adobe.

• 1. Re: After Effects bugs in Win
          Todd_Kopriva Level 8

> Win users seem to be second class clients for Adobe.

That is false.

We develop and test on Windows and Mac OS in roughly equal proportion.

Apple changes their operating system much more rapidly than Microsoft does, so we do need to issue more updates more frequently to accommodate Apple's changes.

• 2. Re: After Effects bugs in Win
            Mylenium Most Valuable Participant

I'd be more worried about the overall count of serious bugs than pinning it to a specific platform.... *lol*

Mylenium

• 3. Re: After Effects bugs in Win
              Mylenium Most Valuable Participant

Apple changes their operating system much more rapidly than Microsoft does,

Yeah. And with barely any thought about repercussions and compatibility issues...

Mylenium

• 4. Re: After Effects bugs in Win
                itbrent

Hi,

Actually Mac and Windows Adobe after effects are really equal according to the compatibility.

Adobe after effects function properly in my laptop with Windows operating system. You have to check

your specification if it matches the requirements for Adobe software packages. Also consider not opening

so many applications while running adobe after effects software to avoid crashing errors. Also visit this link,

it provides information that may help you solve the problem.

http://www.techyv.com/questions/after-effects-cs3-crashes-soon-after-launching

Have a nice day!

• 5. Re: After Effects bugs in Win
                  Szalam Adobe Community Professional & MVP

LeoFromItalia wrote:

I have noticed that most of them are made with Macs. I am so irritated over the bugs in AE and Photoshop. Win users seem to be second class clients for Adobe.

We use AE extensively on Windows machines where I work and I run AE on Windows at home. It's been pretty rock solid for me all things considered. Actually, after having spent a lot of time on these forums over the years, I got the impression that there were more people with problems on Macs.

What bugs are you talking about? Thousands of people use AE on Windows machines every day so it's possible that it's something fixable.