2 Replies Latest reply on Nov 30, 2014 10:12 AM by jpickstrat@gmail.com

Adobe Premiere Pro CC will no longer play program after weeks of editing it

jpickstrat@gmail.com

Adobe Premiere Pro CC will not longer play my program when hitting the play arrow.  The first time I hit it will play.  But if I stop and then hit play again it just basically hangs up.  I've been editing this program for several weeks in Windows 8.1 with over 1TB of free disk space.  It would occasionally not play but if I restarted the program it would go again and I continued on.  However, now it has the problem on this program all the time.      Basically I'm not able to put the finishing touches on my program and have not been able to use Adobe Premier Pro for several weeks now.   I'm basically paying a 1 year subscription for a program that is not working correctly.  WHAT IS ADOBE DOING TO FIX THIS PROBLEM?   I see that there are countless people having this issue on the web, so I figure ADOBE is aware of this problem.    IS THERE A NEW RELEASE TO COVER IT?  IF NOT WHEN WILL THERE BE A RELEASE TO ADDRESS THIS ISSUE?

If I start a new program it seems to work ok... but I probably have over 100 hours into the current program... starting over from scratch would not be good.. and what guarantee would there be that the problem would not occur again after another 100 hours was invested into it?   

• 1. Re: Adobe Premiere Pro CC will no longer play program after weeks of editing it
          John T Smith Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Does opening a previous autosave project work?

PS - won't help now, but I've read that doing a "save as" at least at the end of each edit day, will let you start each morning with a "fresh" project file

• 2. Re: Adobe Premiere Pro CC will no longer play program after weeks of editing it
            jpickstrat@gmail.com Level 1

Thanks for the suggestion, I will give that a try.   It didn't work to go back a few weeks on the first try.  As I get a chance I will try more saves that are further back.

Adobe Premiere Pro is working for me for the new music video project I'm working on today.

It's just this other program is large.  1/2 hour length.   If I push play it will work the first time.  Then after I stop, and move the cursor to another spot, as long as I wait 2 or 3 minutes for it churn away and update the monitor, then it will play again.    As long as I wait 2 or 3 minutes each time it won't crash.   If I don't wait and start pushing multiple play and stop requests it will crash.   My machine has 12G of memory and 1Tb free disk space, and runs at burst speeds above 4GHz.

Several weeks ago I also had this problem.   I deleted all the render files and rebuilt them, and after that it worked for quite a while.  This time I've tried that twice and it didn't help.

Maybe it has something to do with the order in which I render the sequences?    I might try that again, and experiment with the order of rendering.

There are 7 or