14 Replies Latest reply on Dec 2, 2014 1:51 PM by station_two

Shortcuts working on and off and can't update

Anhoilan Level 1

My shortcuts are not working most of the time - I have to click inside the menu to get them to work again.

This really slows down my process, it's become quite dreadful to even make a simple drawing in PS.

Tried to update PS to hopefully fix the problem but I can't: My current version is CS6 13.0, I downloaded the 13.0.6 update, but it says it is not for me when I try to install it.

When I try to update PS from within the program, the Application Manager says all products are up to date.

In the Application Manager preferences only adobe extension manager is shown - I already removed the App Manager cache (also cleared my trash bin to be sure), but I got the same result.

Schermafbeelding 2014-11-30 om 10.05.49 copy.png

• 1. Re: Shortcuts working on and off and can't update
          Level 5

The Ps 13.0.6 update is exclusively for Macs.  Are you in fact on a Mac?

BOILERPLATE TEXT:

Note that this is boilerplate text.

If you give complete and detailed information about your setup and the issue at hand,

such as your platform (Mac or Win),

exact versions of your OS, of Photoshop (not just "CS6", but something like CS6v.13.0.6) and of Bridge,

your settings in Photoshop > Preference > Performance

the type of file you were working on,

machine specs, such as total installed RAM, scratch file HDs, total available HD space, video card specs, including total VRAM installed,

what troubleshooting steps you have taken so far,

what error message(s) you receive,

if having issues opening raw files also the exact camera make and model that generated them,

if you're having printing issues, indicate the exact make and model of your printer, paper size, image dimensions in pixels (so many pixels wide by so many pixels high). if going through a RIP, specify that too.

etc.,

someone may be able to help you (not necessarily this poster, who is not a Windows user).

a screen shot of your settings or of the image could be very helpful too.

Please read this FAQ for advice on how to ask your questions correctly for quicker and better answers:

http://forums.adobe.com/thread/419981?tstart=0

Thanks!

• 2. Re: Shortcuts working on and off and can't update
            Anhoilan Level 1

Yes, as you can see on my screenshot, I am on a Mac.

I'll list my info.

I'm on a late 2011 15 inch Macbook Pro

OS X 10.9.5

2.2 GHz Intel Core i7

8 GB 1333 MHz DDR3

AMD Radeon HD 6750M 512 MB

Photoshop version is CS6 Extended 13.0 x64

Schermafbeelding 2014-11-30 om 23.37.11.png

I tried to fix the problem a couple of months ago, I tried installing a plug-in I found advised this forum, but that does not seem to work. It's called WhiteWindowWorkaround.

Perhaps it is not installed properly. How could I check that?

I should mention that earlier this year I was using a Wacom Intuos 3, but I was having issues (of which this was one) so I bought a new tablet, the Wacom Intuos Pro. Obviously this problem did not disappear after switching tablets.

• 3. Re: Shortcuts working on and off and can't update
              Level 5

Your highest priority now should be applying the 13.0.6 update to your Photoshop manually, if the Auto updater in the Help menu > Updates doesn't do it for you.

No one, absolutely no one should be wearing the very buggy original release you have ("Photoshop version is CS6 Extended 13.0 x64").

If Help > Updates doesn't work, download the 13.06 update and apply it yourself according to the exact instructions on that download page:

Adobe - Photoshop : For Macintosh : Adobe Photoshop 13.0.6 update for CS6

Then report back here and tells us if your issues are fixed.

• 4. Re: Shortcuts working on and off and can't update
                Level 5

Also, update your Wacom drivers from the Wacom page.

• 5. Re: Shortcuts working on and off and can't update
                  Anhoilan Level 1

Like I said...

I already tried updating both from within Photoshop and by downloading and installing it by hand. That is when I get the message 'this patch is not for you'

• 6. Re: Shortcuts working on and off and can't update
                    Level 5

You need to be more specific.  Describe the exact error message(s) you get; show us screen captures, etc.

It works for millions of others, so we need to find out what is messed up in your system.

• 7. Re: Shortcuts working on and off and can't update
                      Anhoilan Level 1

right

the error message I get when trying to update through help > updates

is what I posted in the first post

and the one I get from manually installing the patch is this, 'this patch is not for you. use the menu help to check for new updates. contact customer service.' which led me here...

Schermafbeelding 2014-12-01 om 02.54.18.png

• 8. Re: Shortcuts working on and off and can't update
                        Level 5

I'll try just one more time, then I'm out of here.

Ik kan de mooie nederlnadse tal erg god lezen en begrijpen.

If you are getting the message you just showed me, then you are not applying the update manually but through the installer.  Huge difference!

Until you are at Photoshop CS6 v. 13.0.6, all your workarounds are futile.

• 9. Re: Shortcuts working on and off and can't update
                          Anhoilan Level 1

Sorry I can't help that I am getting this message in Dutch... I already added a translation.

I got this message when I downloaded the update from the adobe website, the same link you posted earlier.

I double click the download, double click the adobe patch installer file, and that's what I get.

That's how it was instructed on the download page.

What should I do differently?

• 10. Re: Shortcuts working on and off and can't update
                            Level 5

Anhoilan wrote:

Sorry I can't help that I am getting this message in Dutch... I already added a translation.

I told you I am fluent in Dutch and need no translation.  What does that have to do with anything?

• 11. Re: Shortcuts working on and off and can't update
                              Anhoilan Level 1

Oh sorry I misunderstood you, from the poor spelling and attitude I thought you were being sarcastic.

And no I am not being sarcastic.

Does anyone have an idea why it says this patch is not for me?

• 12. Re: Shortcuts working on and off and can't update
                                Level 5

There are two Mac Photoshop CS6 13.0.6 updates:

• One is the update that applies to CS6 if bought and installed as a perpetual license.

• The other one applies to CS6 when bought as a subscription, together with Photoshop CC or Photoshop CC2014.

You may have downloaded the wrong one.

No one can tell since you have never specified where you downloaded it from, nor have you shown the pertinent scree captures.

As for the "poor spelling", it stems from typing errors due to severe neurological damage and the lack of a Dutch spelling correction tool on some of the various computers I use, you ungrateful and uncouth miscreant!      May hyper-acidity and esophageal reflux ruin your nightly sleep for at least a whole week.

• 13. Re: Shortcuts working on and off and can't update
                                  Anhoilan Level 1

I said that I downloaded my patch from the same link you posted earlier. How do I figure out if it is the right one? I don't see any information about it on the download page.

My Photoshop is part of the CS6 Production Premium collection, so I bought it with a perpetual license.

And of what do I need to add a screen capture?

I don't blame you for your poor spelling, it's natural if you don't write it often. I solely said that to explain why I thought you were being sarcastic.

Can we just stop with all the passive aggressiveness?

I've been keeping it in, but I just have to say this. Frankly I'm confused about why you're here. Because first you bluntly insulted me in another conversation. (which is why I might have seemed kind of grumpy) Then you came here. But the most you've done is ask me to repeat myself, say I am wrong and add a couple mean tinted, unnecessary comments. I just get the idea you're here against your will, not because you want to help me, but to make as many posts as you can or something of the like. If I am right, and you don't really want to help me, then I'll gladly wait for someone else. If I am wrong, then I apologize for my assumptions and 'uncouth' words, and I hope we can just continue this on a professional level. Although I would understand if you're really done with it at this point.

I apologize for seeming ungrateful. I'm finding it difficult to stay objective in this situation. It is causing a lot of unnecessary stress, and that's no good for either of us.

• 14. Re: Shortcuts working on and off and can't update
                                    Level 5

Any perceived aggressiveness on my part is not passive, it's downright active, intentional, and targeted.

I'm out of here.  You are the one with a problem, not I.

Just a clarification in general:

BOILERPLATE TEXT extracted from the FAQ:

https://forums.adobe.com/thread/375816?tstart=0

Do not be abusive or aggressive in your tone

An aggressive, demanding, accusatory or abusive sounding post will often evoke an aggressive or abusive and unhelpful reply.

Remember, you are not addressing Adobe here in the user forums.  You are requesting help from volunteers users just like you who give their time free of charge. No one has any obligation to answer your questions.