6 Replies Latest reply on Dec 10, 2014 4:17 PM by A.T. Romano

How to burn a DVD in Premier Elements 13 without a theme?

JimESmythe

In the other Premier Elements you were able to take your project and burn straight to a DVD without applying a theme. I am not finding that option in 13. What am I missing?

• 1. Re: How to burn a DVD in Premier Elements 13 without a theme?
          JimESmythe Level 1

Guess this is a real issue as no one has any input. Not even Adobe.

• 2. Re: How to burn a DVD in Premier Elements 13 without a theme?
            A.T. Romano Level 7

JimESmythe

Sorry that your thread was not responded to sooner. I was away when you posted originally and just saw your second post of today.

I suspect that you are omitting a critical detail - are you working in the Premiere Elements 13 Editor, building you slideshow there, and want to burn to disc without menus. No problem in any version of Premiere Elements (any version).

However, if you are in the new Elements Organizer 13, that is a different story. And, this is where I suspect you are. The only "out" for the slideshow creation is as an AVCHD.mp4 (720p or 1080p) with theme export. This is definitely not the Slideshow Editor of old.

In the Slideshow Builder, if you do not see an option for editing the theme, then it does not exist. I currently do not have a working Premiere Elements 13 (my tryout has expired), and I would need to dissect the export to determine if the theme aspects of it can be "hacked" out somehow.

However, if it comes to that, it seems to me that it would be just as easy to build the slideshow in the Premiere Elements 13 Editor and burn to disc as autoplay if you do not want a theme.

Please review and consider and then we can discuss this further.

Thank you.

ATR

• 3. Re: How to burn a DVD in Premier Elements 13 without a theme?
              JimESmythe Level 1

Thank you for the reply. I am in edit not organizer (Expert Mode) and when I select Publish+Share and then disc, the only option I get is to then add a theme.

• 4. Re: How to burn a DVD in Premier Elements 13 without a theme?
                A.T. Romano Level 7

JimESmythe

Thanks for the reply.

Assuming, Premiere Elements 13 is on Windows 7, 8, or 8.1 64 bit.

When you go to Publish+Share, the instant that you click on Disc, you should see a pop up message relating to

whether or not you want to proceed with disc menus. Have you seen that message at all?

DVDMenu12.JPG

I am demo'ing this with Premiere Elements 12/12.1 at this time. But it should be the same for version 13.

I do not have 13 at this time to road test.

What happens when you go from the Expert workspace/Edit area to Publish+Share/ and click on Disc?

If all you ever see is the Movie Menu customization area with a theme, then click Reset, Done, and then go

to Publish+Share and click Disc to get the pop to which you respond No.

Reset.JPG

If that does not work, then delete the Adobe Premiere Elements Prefs file and, if necessary, the whole 12.0 Folder

in which the Adobe Premiere Elements Prefs file exists.

Local Disk C

Users

Owner

AppData

Roaming

Adobe

Premiere Elements

and in the 13.0 Folder is the Adobe Premiere Elements Prefs file that you delete. And, if necessary, you delete the

whole 13.0 Folder in which it exists. Be sure to be working with Folder Option Show Hidden Files, Folders, and Drives

active so that you can see the complete path cited.

Please review the above and then we can discuss this further.

Thank you.

ATR

• 5. Re: How to burn a DVD in Premier Elements 13 without a theme?
                  JimESmythe Level 1

Thank you for this. I was looking in Premier Elements to find a way to reset my settings cause I did think of that being the potential culprit; however, I did not think about clearing my roaming AppData.

If that does not work, then delete the Adobe Premiere Elements Prefs file and, if necessary, the whole 12.0 Folder

in which the Adobe Premiere Elements Prefs file exists.

Local Disk C

Users

Owner

AppData

Roaming

Adobe

Premiere Elements

and in the 13.0 Folder is the Adobe Premiere Elements Prefs file that you delete. And, if necessary, you delete the

whole 13.0 Folder in which it exists. Be sure to be working with Folder Option Show Hidden Files, Folders, and Drives

active so that you can see the complete path cited.

Please review the above and then we can discuss this further.

Thank you.

This worked.@

• 6. Re: How to burn a DVD in Premier Elements 13 without a theme?
                    A.T. Romano Level 7

JimESmythe

Great news. Thanks for the follow up reporting your success.

Interestingly, deletion of the Adobe Premiere Elements Prefs file or the whole Folder in which it exists has proven the remedy for me for

a variety of irregularities in the disc menu customization area. Several times replacement of video/still background did not insert

into the menu. After the Adobe Premiere Elements Prefs fix, all was well again.

Best wishes with your video projects.

ATR