7 Replies Latest reply on Dec 1, 2014 9:20 AM by arieltumala

Edge Animate is a bit fragile

arieltumala

I have been working on a project for quite some time involving a jpeg. A client wanted me to flip the picture so the font pops up better. Upon removing the picture from the An folder (where the links are) and then getting it back there, I can no longer open the project. Issue after issue has led me to report or post here. Every time there's something to edit, there's 80% chance of something going wrong. Any help on this would be much appreciated.

• 1. Re: Edge Animate is a bit fragile
          vivekuma Adobe Employee

Can you please specify the version of the Edge Animate?

Make sure you have the latest 2014.1.1.

• 2. Re: Edge Animate is a bit fragile
            arieltumala Level 1

Hi vivekuma,

Thanks for the prompt reply. Yes I am working on 2014.1.1. I am not much of a web guy. Mainly an animator coming from after fx and now being tasked to try something out of edge. When it comes to edge animate, is it a critical thing to tinker with the links?

• 3. Re: Edge Animate is a bit fragile
              arieltumala Level 1

To add, I am working on an iMac, OSX Yosemite. Not sure if it adds value but just so you know.

• 4. Re: Edge Animate is a bit fragile
                vivekuma Adobe Employee

I need more info:

1. What do you mean by flip the picture? Does flip mean swapping with other image?

2. By An folder, do you mean the images folder inside the composition folder?

Can you specify the steps, which would help us test the issue?

Regards,

Vivekuma

• 5. Re: Edge Animate is a bit fragile
                  arieltumala Level 1

1) Yes I've had to swap the original image with the new one overwriting it.

2) Yes that would be the images folder inside the composition.

I'll try to setup the scenario so you can follow:

IMG1(original image), IMG2(new image)

- I swapped IMG1 with IMG2 while Edge Animate was open (IMG1 was overwritten by IMG2 because I used the same filename) . When that happens, usually Edge animate would update the image and prompt me that it was changed. It did prompt me but instead of updating the image showing inside the canvas, it said "Error loading image".

- So I then turned off Edge Animate and deleted IMG2.

- Brought back IMG2 in the same composition folder. This time, when I try opening my comp it would say "An error occured. Please save your work and restart Edge Animate".

- Even after deleting IMG2 and opening the composition it says the same thing. It would seem my file has been corrupted

• 6. Re: Edge Animate is a bit fragile
                    vivekuma Adobe Employee

I followed your steps but I couldn't reproduce the issue.

We haven't test this on Yosemite, which we'll do and then update you. Meanwhile, can you share those two images (you can upload to any cloud storage, and share the link) as well as the composition?

Moreover, there is a cleaner way to swapping of the images instead of modifying the folder manually.

So, first add both the images to the library. Then for swapping, see the "Image" section of the properties panel of Edge, and click on double-arrowed button to select the other image with which you want to swap.

hth,

Vivekuma

• 7. Re: Edge Animate is a bit fragile
                      arieltumala Level 1

Thanks Vivekuma. I'll keep that in mind. Although I've started to just start from scratch instead. Hopefully there's a way to salvage the file.

Sent you the link through PM.