8 Replies Latest reply on Dec 2, 2014 2:31 PM by A.T. Romano

How can I burn a 60 min Hd video on a PC at best quality, I can't split the project in the timeline.

Harbi

How can I burn a 60 min Hd video on a PC at best quality, I can't split the project in the timeline?

• 1. Re: How can I burn a 60 min Hd video on a PC at best quality, I can't split the project in the timeline.
          Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

At "best quality" for what? What settings you use for your output depends on how you're going to use the video -- or how you plan to display or share it.

Or is your issue that your movie is over 60 minutes long and you're trying to figure out how to break it into parts?

• 2. Re: How can I burn a 60 min Hd video on a PC at best quality, I can't split the project in the timeline.
            Harbi Level 1

Hi thanks for replying, I want to give the married couple a DVD of their wedding to play on TV. I can export part of the project to file as an AVCHD .m2t file but I can't bring that back into elements take to burn and the format is not recognised in Windows Creative Media burner.

• 3. Re: How can I burn a 60 min Hd video on a PC at best quality, I can't split the project in the timeline.
              John T Smith Adobe Community Professional & MVP

A DVD is, by specification, Standard Definition

The Elements Tutorial Links Page http://forums.adobe.com/thread/1275830 may help... click the "share" links for more information about creating a DVD

• 4. Re: How can I burn a 60 min Hd video on a PC at best quality, I can't split the project in the timeline.

John is right. Your best option is to simply output a DVD directly from your project.

• 5. Re: How can I burn a 60 min Hd video on a PC at best quality, I can't split the project in the timeline.
                  A.T. Romano Level 7

Harbi

Since your thread seems to be getting replies from more than one Adobe Premiere Elements Forum visitor, I am offering the following for your

consideration for obtaining the video presentation that you seek.

I would like to approach your task with some important considerations that have not been mentioned, but the end result is likely to be your Timeline content burned to DVD-VIDEO Widescreen on DVD disc. Please let us explore that thought.

1. What type of a player does your viewer have - regular DVD player attached to the TV, Blu-ray player attached to the TV, or one of the multimedia player attached to the TV.

a. Are you in a NTSC or PAL setup?

b. DVD-VIDEO Widescreen will playback on regular DVD player, but will give the lower resolution product - about 856 x 480 (NTSC) and 1056 x 576 (PAL)...those values result when a 16:9 flag stretches the video for display after encoding.

AVCHD format on DVD disc will not playback on regular DVD player, will give the higher resolution product 1920 x 1080, and needs a Blu-ray player or one of the multimedia players.

2. What are the properties of your source video that you are putting on the Timeline of this project destined for some disc end product that can be played back on your viewer's TV? The brand/model/settings of the camera that recorded the video would likely give us the information that we need....generalizing from the starting point, did the camera record 1080i or 1080p? If you have going from a 1080i source, some field order consideration may be necessary if the destination is DVD-VIDEO Widescreen on DVD disc.

From the basic information, we can customize a workflow from start to completion.

Please review and consider, and then let us know if you are interested in follow up on some of the considerations that I have presented.

ATR

• 6. Re: How can I burn a 60 min Hd video on a PC at best quality, I can't split the project in the timeline.
                    Harbi Level 1

Thanks for your input.

My end users will probably be viewing the product on standard DVD players.

I am working in Pal and the source video is from a Panasonic HD camera recording1080i

I wanted to get a better quality video on DVD than just exporting a full 1 hour from the timeline in elements with high degree of compression required to make it fit.

I think my best bet is to export at best quality(mpeg) to file and then put it onto a 16Gb memory stick.

Regards

• 7. Re: How can I burn a 60 min Hd video on a PC at best quality, I can't split the project in the timeline.

An hour of video should fit pretty easily on a DVD, Harbi.

Although, as we've said, it won't be high-def video, since DVDs are all standard definition.

• 8. Re: How can I burn a 60 min Hd video on a PC at best quality, I can't split the project in the timeline.
                        A.T. Romano Level 7

Harbi

I replied long before post 7, but my reply did not get posted...instead it remained unsent. I have been having computer Internet connection problems. I was able to recapture it from restore feature of posting. Below is what I wrote.

Thanks for the reply.

Just in case note....for a regular DVD player, granted it is important to have a video format that the player supports (namely DVD-VIDEO format); however, the other half of the consideration...the player needs to support the disc type (media type) that the video format is on. I do not know of a regular DVD player that supports DVD-VIDEO on a memory stick.

If you have recorded PAL 1080i (1920 x 1080 @ 25 interlaced frames per second), that interlaced video exists with Field Order: Upper Field First.

But, you end product DVD-VIDEO is characterized by Field Order: Lower Field First. If you run into this type of Field Order problem, then there are 2

possibilities to get that taken care of

a. Assuming that you are using Premiere Elements 11, 12, or 13....set the project preset (manually) to

PAL

Hard Disk, Flash Memory Camcorders

Full HD 1080i25

or

b. Import the source media using

PAL

AVCHD

Full HD1080i15

and then, for each Timeline 1080i, right click it, select Field Options from the pop up menu, and then select Reverse Field Dominance.

When you export to file, you lose the opportunity for menus. The only export to file with menus is found in the webDVD export which is

in reality a flash file with menus. That might be a consideration for playback through the web browser such as Internet Explorer or Firefox.

If putting a file on a memory stick is a working possibility, you might want to look also at AVCHD.mp4 1920 x 1080p25, but all depends on the

support of the player.

Lots to think about. If you need clarification on any of the above, please do not hesitate to ask.

ATR