6 Replies Latest reply on Dec 2, 2014 1:08 AM by Geoff the kiwi

missing folder

itsybitsy1

Hi there, I seem to have lost an entire folder containing 2000 pictures of my kids...when I right click on an individual photo question mark, it leads me to a bunch of options, which do not contain the pics that I am looking for.  If I right click on the entire folder, no options come up.  The photo is not "greyed" out, so I am assuming it's there somewhere.  The one option that does come up, that I can't seem to figure out how to look in is the lightroom folder itself with catalogs...

Please please help!

Thank you!

• 1. Re: missing folder
          Geoff the kiwi Adobe Community Professional & MVP

It sounds like you have moved a folder/s outside of Lightroom and broken the association/link to the catalog.

When you click a ? you will have the option to Locate the Missing File. If you don't know where it is on disk first try searching for the filename in Explorer so you know the path to follow in Lightroom to relink it....

• 2. Re: missing folder
            itsybitsy1 Level 1

Thank you for your reply Geoff...

When I click ?, I have combed the folders it suggests, and the photo is not there...also, when I try to find in explorer, it comes up with other pictures with similar name (i.e dsc_0268), but not the picture I am looking for.  I tried to be more vague in explorer, and just typed in 268, and just looked for the folder name, and no luck either..

• 3. Re: missing folder
              dj_paige Level 9

when I try to find in explorer, it comes up with other pictures with similar name (i.e dsc_0268), but not the picture I am looking for.

Well, if its not found in Explorer, you would want to restore these photos from your backups.

• 4. Re: missing folder

Have you looked in the Trash????

• 5. Re: missing folder
                  itsybitsy1 Level 1

Not in trash either, but I looked in explorer again, and i think it might be the one that says LRPREV file that I don't know how to look at...I think I belong in the beginners lightroom forum....

• 6. Re: missing folder

The previews file contains the previews that you see in Lightroom but is not the original file.

If you can't find the file in explorer when searching for the file name it looks like you must have trashed it and emptied the trash.

When you take a file from Lightroom (delete) you are queried if you want to do that and it is placed in the trash.