Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Specific site crashes

Dec 01, 2014 Dec 01, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a client running ColdFusion 9 on Server 2008 R2 (64-bit).  The server hosts several sites using ColdFusion.  Starting Friday, one of the sites in particular seems to crash.  It will not serve up any ColdFusion pages, but HTML is fine (I have a "test.html" page in the site's root that just serves up basic text) .  All the other ColdFusion sites on the server are fine when this one crashes.

There are no errors or entries on the Windows logs nor the ColdFusion logs about the cause.  Only a restart of the "ColdFusion 9 Application Server" service brings the site back, but it will often crash a very short time later (sometimes within minutes)

The sites IIS log does not indicate it is getting hammered from outside (i.e., does not seem to be any form of DOS attack), and several manual virus and malwarebytes scans come up clean.

We are at a loss, currently, and hoping someone here might have some ideas of what is going on and/or how to fix it?

I look forward to hearing from you.

-SilkBC

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Dec 09, 2014 Dec 09, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Though I have no answer to you particular issue I use a error.cfm file. It is set to display only to my ip address in the Application.cfm file.

It is a bit ugly but it really shows what is going on... maybe you have a loop or ? on certain requests.

If you want try that send me an email: andy@sitemann.com

And I will attach the file and instructions on how to add to App file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Dec 18, 2014 Dec 18, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

ColdFusion 9.0.1 supports IIS 7/7.5. If a specific site crashes then what happens if you create a new site and move the old site content (.html, .cfm etc.) in the new site's root and then test the behaviour.

HTH

Thanks

VJ

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation