14 Replies Latest reply on Dec 10, 2014 7:03 AM by juanpol12345

BIG PROBLEM FOR ALL OF US. The added fonts dont t work fine in IE. new definitive test

juanpol12345 Level 1

As talked some days ago, the added fonts to edge compositions dont work fine in INTERNET EXPLORER. BIG PROBLEM FOR ALL OF US

Definitive test: Just 2 edge compositions in the page (only text and video), one of them duplicated in 2 instances

The behaviour in IE is random and frustrating, it change the fonts when it wants.

Please check this page http://www.comunicracia.es/

with Chrome, Opera, Mozilla, --> Always work fine

And check it now with Internet Explorer. IE any version. -->Never work fine

Absolutly frustrating...

Please, any suggestion??

What can we do??

• 1. Re: BIG PROBLEM FOR ALL OF US. The added fonts dont t work fine in IE. new definitive test
          juanpol12345 Level 1

EVEN SIMPLER. JUST 3 EDGE COMPOSITIONS WITH ONLY ONE STATIC TEXT IN EACH.

(Placed, in this case, the 3 compositions in a basic index MUSE Page). Thats all.

BIG BASIC PROBLEM WITH IE!!!!!

PLEASE REFRESH THE PAGE IN IE, AND THE FONT RANDOMLY CHANGES FOR YOU!

Please check this page http://www.comunicracia.es/

with Chrome, Opera, Mozilla, --> Always work fine

And check it now with Internet Explorer. IE any version. -->Never work fine

Absolutly frustrating...THIS IS OBVIOUSLY A BIG PROBLEM FOR ALL OF US

Please, any suggestion??

What can we do??

• 2. Re: BIG PROBLEM FOR ALL OF US. The added fonts dont t work fine in IE. new definitive test
            juanpol12345 Level 1

Can anybody confirm that is experiencing these problems with the fonts in IE??

Is there anyway to rasterize the fonts within edge for avoiding this problems, when there are more than one edge composition in the page? (unfortunately sacrificing the features of using text)

How can we solve it?

Thanks a lot

• 3. Re: BIG PROBLEM FOR ALL OF US. The added fonts dont t work fine in IE. new definitive test
              resdesign Adobe Community Professional & MVP

I read several articles about problems with webfonts in IE and it seems that it is a regular occurrence. Maybe you could try and alernative for loading fonts when the browser is IE?

• 4. Re: BIG PROBLEM FOR ALL OF US. The added fonts dont t work fine in IE. new definitive test
                juanpol12345 Level 1

Thanks a lot resdesign,

Im just a designer, and a bad fighter with the code ;-)

how can I load the fonts in the web for the users with IE browser?? (still the bigger%)

Tx

• 5. Re: BIG PROBLEM FOR ALL OF US. The added fonts dont t work fine in IE. new definitive test
                  juanpol12345 Level 1

Any suggestion friends, for solving this problem?

Everything has no sense if we can not freely use web fonts in Edge compositions, as Internet Explorer is still 60% of the users we gonna comunicate!

This is a problem for every of us who want to use any font in our compositions using the edge normal procedures. It will work randomly when it wants!!!!!

I think should exist a good solution to include the fonts used in the page, can anybody indicate us how to easily doing it?

(From my ignorance and dreams, what I think I would like, as the usual way is NOT working fine, is to select (and include the ttf used fonts in a directory if its not automatic), or something similar)

(I have found some info in the net about including fonts but it seems to be complicated, full of code insertions, strange font formats...please some light!)

Please help my friends!!!

If anybody know an easy way to include the fonts we want (web or locally selected) in our compositions, to be safe when WORKING IN IE, please HELP US!!!

• 7. Re: BIG PROBLEM FOR ALL OF US. The added fonts dont t work fine in IE. new definitive test
                    HayPro

Had the same problem in IE11. I found the solution. Not perfect, but works. And very simple.

You just need to manually edit compiled .js file and enclose the custom font name in quotation marks.

Before

...x12='gotham_probold, Arial, sans-serif',...

After

...x12='"gotham_probold", Arial, sans-serif',...

Good luck!

• 8. Re: BIG PROBLEM FOR ALL OF US. The added fonts dont t work fine in IE. new definitive test
                      vega9 Level 1

Having the same problem myself. Posted this a couple of weeks back and got no response. Thanks for the suggestion HayPro (will give this a try).

On top of the overflow on symbols not working since the latest update. I'm thinking I'll have to give up with Edge until it's more stable.

• 9. Re: BIG PROBLEM FOR ALL OF US. The added fonts dont t work fine in IE. new definitive test
                        juanpol12345 Level 1

Dear Haypro.

Thanks a lot for your answer.

Im trying to follow your suggestion, but I have no luck!

You can see the test im trying to repare in www.comunicracia.es

Let me explain what I did, for your suggestions please, or from other friend here... (Im not a code expert, then I just fight against it ;-)

I found and edit each js file (one per composition, in each folder inside assets), I added the quotation marks in the two instances where I found the font (fredoka one in this case, and it appears after "X6=" and after "FONTS=") - I did it in both, in one and in the other for trying combinations-

And I also include a line with "X12" as I see in your message (Im not a coder and I really dont know what Im doing, and I just included it where my intuition said)

BUT in all combinations, with or without quotation marks, with or without the inserted X12 line I tried, always the same result: works fine in Chrome, etc. and never works fine in IE.

I hope Im doing something bad. Any suggestion? Help again please... and thanks a lot in advance...

FYI, these are the 3 codes created by edge for the 3 basic text compositions you can see in www.comunicracia.es , and the changes I did:

TEXT1:

(function(compId){var _=null,y=true,n=false,l='normal',x6='"fredoka-one", sans-serif',x3='5.0.1.386',x='text',x1='5.0.1',x8='rgba(255,255,255,1)',x12='"fredoka-one", sans-serif',x7='break-word',xc='rgba(0,0,0,1)',x5='134',p='px',x2='5.0.0',i='none';var s4="TEXT1";var im='images/',aud='media/',vid='media/',js='js/',fonts={'"fredoka-one", sans-serif':'<script src=\"http://use.edgefonts.net/fredoka-one:n4:all.js\"></script>'},opts={'gAudioPreloadPreference':'auto','gVideoPreloadPreference':'auto'},re sources=[],scripts=[],symbols={"stage":{v:x1,mv:x2,b:x3,stf:i,cg:i,rI:n,cn:{dom:[{id:'Text ',t:x,r:['47px','19px','455px','147px','auto','auto'],text:s4,n:[x6,[x5,p],xc,l,i,"",x7,l] }],style:{'${Stage}':{isStage:true,r:['null','null','550px','191px','auto','auto'],overflo w:'hidden',f:[x8]}}},tt:{d:0,a:y,data:[]}}};AdobeEdge.registerCompositionDefn(compId,symbo ls,fonts,scripts,resources,opts);})("EDGE-169989866");

(function($,Edge,compId){var Composition=Edge.Composition,Symbol=Edge.Symbol;Edge.registerEventBinding(compId,function ($){

//Edge symbol: 'stage'

(function(symbolName){})("stage");

//Edge symbol end:'stage'

})})(AdobeEdge.$,AdobeEdge,"EDGE-169989866");

TEXT2:

(function(compId){var _=null,y=true,n=false,l='normal',x6='"fredoka-one", sans-serif',x3='5.0.1.386',p='px',x='text',x1='5.0.1',x8='rgba(255,255,255,1)',x12='"fredoka-one", sans-serif',x7='break-word',x5='134',x2='5.0.0',i='none';var s4="TEXT2";var im='images/',aud='media/',vid='media/',js='js/',fonts={'"fredoka-one", sans-serif':'<script src=\"http://use.edgefonts.net/fredoka-one:n4:all.js\"></script>'},opts={'gAudioPreloadPreference':'auto','gVideoPreloadPreference':'auto'},re sources=[],scripts=[],symbols={"stage":{v:x1,mv:x2,b:x3,stf:i,cg:i,rI:n,cn:{dom:[{id:'Text ',t:x,r:['33px','13px','496px','167px','auto','auto'],text:s4,n:[x6,[x5,p],"rgba(78,130,19 6,1.00)",l,i,"",x7,l]}],style:{'${Stage}':{isStage:true,r:['null','null','550px','193px',' auto','auto'],overflow:'hidden',f:[x8]}}},tt:{d:0,a:y,data:[]}}};AdobeEdge.registerComposi tionDefn(compId,symbols,fonts,scripts,resources,opts);})("EDGE-169989866");

(function($,Edge,compId){var Composition=Edge.Composition,Symbol=Edge.Symbol;Edge.registerEventBinding(compId,function ($){

TEXT3

(function(compId){var _=null,y=true,n=false,x6='"fredoka-one", sans-serif',x3='5.0.1.386',p='px',x='text',x1='5.0.1',x8='rgba(255,255,255,1)',x12='"fredoka-one", sans-serif',x7='break-word',l='normal',x5='134',x2='5.0.0',i='none';var s4="TEXT3";var im='images/',aud='media/',vid='media/',js='js/',fonts={'"fredoka-one", sans-serif':'<script src=\"http://use.edgefonts.net/fredoka-one:n4:all.js\"></script>'},opts={'gAudioPreloadPreference':'auto','gVideoPreloadPreference':'auto'},re sources=[],scripts=[],symbols={"stage":{v:x1,mv:x2,b:x3,stf:i,cg:i,rI:n,cn:{dom:[{id:'Text ',t:x,r:['41px','8px','496px','167px','auto','auto'],text:s4,n:[x6,[x5,p],"rgba(181,78,196 ,1.00)",l,i,"",x7,l]}],style:{'${Stage}':{isStage:true,r:['null','null','550px','183px','a uto','auto'],overflow:'hidden',f:[x8]}}},tt:{d:0,a:y,data:[]}}};AdobeEdge.registerComposit ionDefn(compId,symbols,fonts,scripts,resources,opts);})("EDGE-169989866");

I hope my message is comprehensibe, sorry for my english.

Tx

• 10. Re: BIG PROBLEM FOR ALL OF US. The added fonts dont t work fine in IE. new definitive test
                          juanpol12345 Level 1

Any answer?

Do we have to assume that more than one edge compositions in a page, using web fonts, WILL ALWAYS FAIL IN INTERNET EXPLORER?

BAD BAD THING FRIENDS.

• 11. Re: BIG PROBLEM FOR ALL OF US. The added fonts dont t work fine in IE. new definitive test
                            HayPro Level 1

I'm using 2 compositions in one page with the same custom font. And it works even in IE10-11. But I'm using a custom font generated in Fontsquirrel and saved it as a file.

• 12. Re: BIG PROBLEM FOR ALL OF US. The added fonts dont t work fine in IE. new definitive test
                              juanpol12345 Level 1

Thanks Haypro,

Can you please explain us how can I save the font as a file and use it in edge?

Thanks a lot in advance

• 13. Re: BIG PROBLEM FOR ALL OF US. The added fonts dont t work fine in IE. new definitive test
                                HayPro Level 1

I'm using Fontsquirrel Webfont Generator (http://www.fontsquirrel.com/tools/webfont-generator). You need the original font file. Then upload it to Fontsquirrel and get generated files. And then you need to integrate them to your page with @font-face in the CSS. You can find the sample of code in the files you downloaded from fontsquirrel.