Regenerate the sequence again and choose 0 for the level. You should then get a sequence matching your TOC.
I know choosing zero should work to create a browse sequence that matches the TOC structure (and it does for my other projects) ...
... but it doesn't for this one...
When I generate the WebHelp using this RH-created browse sequence, the browse sequence does not work. With "Introduction" selected in the TOC, which should enable the "down" browse button, the "down" browse button remains disabled.
For the buttons, perhaps make sure your browse sequence hasn't become unticked in your SSL?
Thanks for reply. Noted in original post that I saw the "Enable Browse Sequence" box on the WebHelp Settings window had become unchecked, and I checked it before attempts above to get browse sequence to work again. Where would I check in the SSL to see if browse sequence had become unticked?
Additional note: I have had issues with this project in the past. It is one I "inherited", and the browse sequence had been quirky at best until I manually edited the project's .BRS file to resolve issues created by duplicate topic names (not re-use of same topic, but multiple prior authors assigning same name to multiple different topics and including them in different locations within the TOC). Had hoped restoring old working .BRS file would resolve this issue, but it didn't.
Amebr, I would still be interested in knowing what you mean by "For the buttons, perhaps make sure your browse sequence hasn't become unticked in your SSL?"
I have tried everything I can think of. I took a copy of the .hhc (TOC) file, reformatted it as a .BRS file using the structure of a valid .BRS file from another project, named the browse sequence (although that doesn't seem to matter), opened the Browse Sequence Editor and verified that I can view the browse sequence and view links from the Browse Sequence Editor, and re-verified the "Enable Browse Sequence" box is checked on the WebHelp Settings window.
RoboHelp appears to recognize the named BRS file as a valid BRS file, and it exactly matches the structure of the TOC because it was created from the TOC file. The generated project still just shows disabled browse sequence buttons (which are an indication that the browse sequence box is checked because the buttons do not show up at all if it is unchecked). Open to any suggestions on how to get this to work.
Don't think this is related, but ran a batch generate process on a different project and received a message that MS Word is not installed. RH appears not to have been updated when my MS Word was updated from 2007 to 2013. Was still able to generate the other project, and its browse sequence works. What do I need to do to get RH 10 to recognize MS Word 2013? Again, thanks!
I assumed you meant Project Setup pod > Windows > [webhelp window] > Properties. Then I discovered there are two places in the SSL related to browse sequences.
So there are two actions you need to take to use a browse sequence.
1. Enable browse sequences for the output.
2. Specify which browse sequence you want to use (you have to do this even if you only currently have one).
The one I think you might need to do is the second step. You can find this in the SSL under Content Categories > Content <Default>. (if you use content categories you might have to set for each one, I assume.)
Regarding Word 2013 and RH10, the forums indicate that while 2013 is not supported by RH10, using right-click > Generate on your Print Documentation SSL should allow you to generate printed output. But some people have not managed to get this to work, so your mileage may vary. Office 2013 Support on Robohelp 10
Amebr and Rick, thanks! I didn't know about the WebHelp Settings > Content Categories > Content (Default) > Browse Sequence check box. Checking that box did it. Thanks for the info on MS Word 2013, too!