6 Replies Latest reply on Dec 2, 2014 7:31 AM by A.T. Romano

Does adobe have a product that supports 4K footage?

viperss9

Does adobe have a product that supports 4K footage?

• 1. Re: Does adobe have a product that supports 4K footage?
          Peru Bob Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Premiere Pro does.

What is your operating system and computer specs?

• 2. Re: Does adobe have a product that supports 4K footage?
            A.T. Romano Level 7

viperss9

You have posted in the Adobe Premiere Elements Forum. Does that mean that you are want to learn about Premiere Elements and "4K" video and not Premiere Pro? I am assuming that is the case.

Both Premiere Elements 12 and 13 have project presets and export to file settings for a video that has the 4K resolution of 3840 x 2160.

These project presets are found under NTSC AVCHD/QFHD @ 23.976 progressive frames per second, 29.97 progressive frames per second, or 59.94 progressive frames per second. Under PAL, you will see AVCHD/QFHD @ 25 progressive frames per second and 50 progressive frames per second.

On the export side of things, look at Publish+Share/Computer/X-AVC-S. The export will be 4K sizing for H.264.mp4.

The important thing to remember is the 4K is just a resolution. It is not the video compression. And, the video compression of the 4K video might vary from manufacturer to manufacturer. Generally in this regard, H.264.mp4 would be expected to be supported by Premiere Elements 12 and 13 in this particular resolution.

Any questions or need clarification, please do not hesitate to ask.

ATR

• 3. Re: Does adobe have a product that supports 4K footage?
              viperss9 Level 1

That is another question,  I am upgrading and would like to know exactly that, what operating system and computer

specs is needed for this.  I have a very old computer and it will not even handle premiere 3.1.

Thanks for your response.

• 4. Re: Does adobe have a product that supports 4K footage?
                viperss9 Level 1

Thank you!   I wish I knew enough

to ask another question.  Its kind of learn as you go right now.

• 5. Re: Does adobe have a product that supports 4K footage?
                  Peru Bob Adobe Community Professional & MVP

viperss9 wrote:

I am upgrading and would like to know exactly that, what operating system and computer

specs is needed for this.

See here for some good information:

Tweakers Page

• 6. Re: Does adobe have a product that supports 4K footage?
                    A.T. Romano Level 7

viperss9

Thanks for the reply.

We can supply the questions and answers to target your interest which I am understanding as "4K video" editing in Premiere Elements.

1. Premiere Elements version? You need either Premiere Elements 12 or 13 (13 is the current version).

2. Do you now have a camera that records "4K" video? If so, what is the brand and model of that camera.

From that basic information, we can put together for you a path to explore in what you seek.

As for your computer, are you a Windows or Mac user? I will assume Windows computer user. Then you should

be using Windows 7, 8, or 8.1 64 bit computer for your "4K" projects. What is the computer operating system that you are currently

working on?

If the following is true

I have a very old computer and it will not even handle premiere 3.1.

Then you are not ready for editing "4K" video in any version of Premiere Elements.

Please refer to my detailed account (post 4) related to your opportunities for editing "4K" video in Premiere Elements Windows 12 or 13,

using Windows 7, 8, or 8.1 64 bit computer.

Please update us on your progress.

ATR