4 Replies Latest reply on Jan 7, 2016 2:02 PM by LeoC4

entering the license key

Licencekey

I purchased the Lightroom Mac 5 Version (DVD) but after installation I was not able to enter the license key. How I can do this....

• 1. Re: entering the license key
          Keith_Reeder Level 4

What - exactly - do you mean by "I was not able to enter the license key"?

What happens when you try?

• 2. Re: entering the license key
            Licencekey Level 1

on the dvd cover there is an serial number which should be the proof of the purchased license. When I start LR I get the information that I'm using the 30-day test version but I've purchased the product. When I log in to the adobe cloud I only can purchase (again?) an subscription but I want to use the one time license which I already bought.

• 3. Re: entering the license key
              dj_paige Level 9

Licencekey wrote:

on the dvd cover there is an serial number which should be the proof of the purchased license. When I start LR I get the information that I'm using the 30-day test version but I've purchased the product. When I log in to the adobe cloud I only can purchase (again?) an subscription but I want to use the one time license which I already bought.

Nowhere do you state that you are entering the serial number, nor do you state what happens when you try to enter the serial number, which I believe is the question at hand.

• 4. Re: entering the license key
                LeoC4

There may be a simpler way, but this is what I did (going from Lightroom 6 Trial to licensed DVD version of Lightroom 6):

• Reinstall the downloaded "trial" version
                • When asked "Trial or Purchase", select "Purchase"
                • Enter the S/N when directed

Most software has a shortcut (usually through the Help menu), but I couldn't find it.