4 Replies Latest reply on Dec 8, 2014 9:19 AM by A.T. Romano

Premiere Elements 13 crashes a lot. And I have only had it for 2 days.

vickigh Level 1

Have tried upgrading to 13 from 9 (both photoshop and premiere) but did not have the option.  I am ok with that cause I can go back to 9 for a stable work environment.

OS windows 7 64 bit home premium with SP-1

Computer is Intel i7 3.4ghs, 16g ram. multi-terabytes of disk space.

project is auto selected HDV 1080i

29.97 fps

1440x1080

aspect ratio 1.333

upper field first

Audio is 48.000khz sample rate.

I am actively using NewBlue Cleaner when it crashes.

Suggestions welcome cause I rather not go back to 9 even though it is still on the machine (32 bit is prob why I could not buy 13 as an upgrade and had to buy full install)

• 1. Re: Premiere Elements 13 crashes a lot. And I have only had it for 2 days.
          vickigh Level 1

Additional info on the raw clips.  VLC reports the codec info as follows

Stream 0

type: video

Codec MPEG-1/2 Video (mpgv)

Language English

Resolution 1440x1080

Frame rate 29.970000

decoded format Planar 4:2:0 YUV

Stream 1

Type Audio

Codec PCM S16 BE (twos)

Language English

Channels Stereo

Sample rate 48000 Hz

Bits/sample 16

Hope this helps

• 2. Re: Premiere Elements 13 crashes a lot. And I have only had it for 2 days.
            A.T. Romano Level 7

vickigh

I just saw your thread tonight and had some questions whose answers I hope will lead to resolution for the issues that you described.

Premiere Elements 13 on Windows 7 64 bit. Am I assuming correctly that this is a purchased product that you are using rather than a tryout?

What is the brand/model/settings for the camera recorded your source video? How did you get the source media into the project - Add Media/Files and Folders/Project Assets or other?

1. Do the problems exist with the antivirus and firewall(s) disabled?

2. Are you using a pen and tablet device instead of a mouse?

3. Are you running the program from a User Account with Administrative Privileges and have you applied Run As Administrator

to the desktop icon for the program?

4. Please confirm with the Device Manager/Display Adapters what your video card/graphics card your computer is using? Are

there more than 1 card listed there? Is the driver version of the card(s) up to date according to the web site of the manufacturer of

the card?

Did you purchase Premiere Elements 13 as a download from Adobe?

Please confirm - are the crashes so far only when you apply the NewBlue Cleaner Audio Effect?

Let us start here and then decide what next based on the details that you supply.

Thank you.

ATR

• 3. Re: Re: Premiere Elements 13 crashes a lot. And I have only had it for 2 days.
              vickigh Level 1

Premiere Elements 13 on Windows 7 64 bit. Am I assuming correctly that this is a purchased product that you are using rather than a tryout?

Yes

What is the brand/model/settings for the camera recorded your source video?

Unknown.  It is some type of external video recorder attached to a Sony professional camera. File type is quicktime movie.

How did you get the source media into the project - Add Media/Files and Folders/Project Assets or other?

Media/Files and Folders

1. Do the problems exist with the antivirus and firewall(s) disabled?

yes

2. Are you using a pen and tablet device instead of a mouse?

no

3. Are you running the program from a User Account with Administrative Privileges and have you applied Run As Administrator to the desktop icon for the program?

Yes and yes I think.

4. Please confirm with the Device Manager/Display Adapters what your video card/graphics card your computer is using? Are there more than 1 card listed there? Is the driver version of the card(s) up to date according to the web site of the manufacturer of

the card?

NVIDIA GeForce GT 620

Did you purchase Premiere Elements 13 as a download from Adobe?

Yes

Please confirm - are the crashes so far only when you apply the NewBlue Cleaner Audio Effect?

It was not when I apply the cleaner audio but when I would move the scrubbing tool to listen to the results.

The reason I describe this as past tense is that I updated the quicktime on this machine just a few days ago and the program hasn't crashed since.  Apparently it needed the very latest quicktime since I usually update quicktime when it asks.  Since I have not had any crashes since that update  this thread can probably be marked as answered.

Thanks -Vicki-

• 4. Re: Re: Premiere Elements 13 crashes a lot. And I have only had it for 2 days.
                A.T. Romano Level 7

vickigh

Thanks for the update and the good news that the issue seems to have been resolved by your update of QuickTime.

If the problem should return (hope not), please let us know and we will revisit the cause and effect.

Best wishes.

ATR