5 Replies Latest reply on Dec 3, 2014 3:40 PM by A.T. Romano

Premiere Elements 12 doesn't recognize my Serial number after installing it on my new computer

drubenstein

When I installed Premiere Elements 12 on my new computer, it sais that it cannot recognize the Serial Number. The 2 persons on the chat of Adobe earlier today told me it's a technical problem, gave me the link to the English International version of the software. Unfortunately, after installing from this link , it came out in French again and with the same problem. How can I solve that problem ? I need to use this program soon.

• 1. Re: Premiere Elements 12 doesn't recognize my Serial number after installing it on my new computer
          A.T. Romano Level 7

drubenstein

What computer operating system is involved in this Premiere Elements 12 - new computer matter?

Was this Premiere Elements 12 with the serial number that you are using ever used on another of your computers so

that the program would be expected to be registered at the Adobe web site? If you have not already, please go to the

Adobe web site

http://www.adobe.com

Sign in with your Adobe ID and Password

In the Search Field, type in My Products

Follow My Products to a listing of all the programs that Adobe has listed for you

Click on your Adobe Premiere Elements 12 which should be listed there in order to reveal your purchased serial number for this program.

Does it match the one that you have?

When you have been doing these uninstall/reinstalls, have you been doing them with antivirus and firewall(s) disabled? Also, might be

advisable to do them with a free ccleaner run through in between in order to get rid of any leftovers from incomplete installs reinstalls.

If you need new installation files

http://prodesigntools.com/photoshop-elements-12-direct-download-links-premiere.html

Download and install those tryouts and then insert your purchased serial number.

Please excuse the following questions, but I do not want to take anything for granted....

Do you have Premiere Elements 12 Windows installation files that you are trying to install on a Windows computer?

or

Premiere Elements 12 Mac installation files that you are trying to install on a Mac computer?

If you purchased Photoshop Elements 12 and Premiere Elements 12 as a bundle, any chance you are trying to

use the Photoshop Elements 12 serial number?

The above can be dismissed easily by confirming the Premiere Elements 12 purchased serial number in Your Products at Adobe.

We will be watching for your progress.

ATR

• 2. Re: Premiere Elements 12 doesn't recognize my Serial number after installing it on my new computer
            drubenstein Level 1

Thank you very much for your answer. Here the answer to your questions :

- Last year, I bought Premiere Elements 12 for Education, through the Adobe website, got my Seiral number, install it on my Imac about 1 year ago, and used it till now.

- Last month, I bought a Macbook pro of 2012 which runs now under Yosemite. I downloaded Premiere Elements 12 on it; everything looked fine but when I put my Serial number to activate the program, but the system says that it doesn't recognize my number and asked me to contact the customer service.

I have been in touch through the Chat service with 2 people of Adobe : the first person told me it's a technical problem and put me in chat with a technician. The technician told me that in order to use my Serial number, I need to install there Enligh International version of the program, not the French version. He then gave me a link to download the program again, which I did. He told me I could keep the other program in it. When the dialogue box opened, it was again in French, not in English. I couldn't find a way to switch to English. When I put my Serial number in it, it again didn't want to recognize it.

The Serial Number I use is the one in my product page on my Adobe account, and I used the one for Premiere Elements 12, not the Photoshop Elements.

I install a Mac file for my Mac, not the Windows version of it. So it seems that I did this correctly.

So here is where I stand...

• 3. Re: Premiere Elements 12 doesn't recognize my Serial number after installing it on my new computer
              A.T. Romano Level 7

drubenstein

Thanks for the reply with the further details of your situation.

Please consider downloading and installing the tryout Premiere Elements 12 Mac files from the following web site and then inserting

your purchased Premiere Elements 12 Mac serial number during installation.

http://prodesigntools.com/photoshop-elements-12-direct-download-links-premiere.html

The key to using that web site as an intermediary is to read and carry out very carefully the "Note: Very Important Instructions" on the

web page so that you do not get an Access Denied message.

When it asks for language will it accept English or whatever you designate? Did you purchased Premiere Elements 12 originally from

Adobe or from some authorized reseller?

If that does not work, then probably the best route would be back to Adobe tech (your last contact).  Do you have a case number

from Adobe so that you can resume the discussion rather than start at the beginning?

But, let us see how the above works out with that the donor web site's Premiere Elements 12 Mac files.

We will be watching for your results.

ATR

• 4. Re: Premiere Elements 12 doesn't recognize my Serial number after installing it on my new computer
                drubenstein Level 1

Hello and thank you so much for your help.

Unfortunately, the problem remains the same : I uninstall the program, then install it again through your suggested link (it was the exact same file as I downloaded before, then run the installation of the pgoram; it didn't ask me which language I choose, it just did in French, asked for my Serial number and told me again that the system doesn't recognize my number.

I will try to contact again the customer service through the Chat service. Perhaps the fact that I bought the product through the Education store can explain the problem ?

• 5. Re: Premiere Elements 12 doesn't recognize my Serial number after installing it on my new computer
                  A.T. Romano Level 7

drubenstein

Thanks for the reply and sorry that the problem has not yet been resolved.

I have never dealt with Premiere Elements purchased through the Education Store. I always thought that the only difference

between Premiere Elements Education version and regular type was in the pricing. But, it would not be surprising to discover that there

is something unique relating to the activation processes between the two.

If you have the time, please let us know the outcome.

Thank you.

ATR