7 Replies Latest reply on Dec 2, 2014 7:46 AM by SuzzyAnne

Not enough memory.

SuzzyAnne

Just switched from Windows 7 Home Premium to Widows 7 Professional. When I try to export out of develop module I get message...not enough memory (1)   Anyone run into this problem ??  I'm new to the forum so I apologize if I'm out of order some where   Thanx in advance.

• 1. Re: Not enough memory.
          JimHess Adobe Community Professional & MVP

How much RAM is installed in your computer?

• 2. Re: Not enough memory.
            SuzzyAnne Level 1

Sorry to take so long.  I have 4 Gigs of ram.  Someone suggested I need a 64 bit OS. I assumed  Windows 7 Pro would have that but it's only 32 bit. Is there anyway I can get 64 bit out of it or do I have to upgrade??  Thanx for your previous response , I appreciate it.

• 3. Re: Re: Not enough memory.
              ManiacJoe Adobe Community Professional

If you have only 4 gig, upgrading to 64-bit Win7 will not buy you much.  However, if you need to put in more memory, you will need 64-bit Win7 so that the OS can actually see that extra memory.

• 4. Re: Re: Not enough memory.
                SuzzyAnne Level 1

I just moved everything over from my other computer because everything was slowed down to a standstill. It has 6gigs of ram and lightroom worked great although slow. I think I'll just format and re-install everything and start from scratch. I hope that works. Thanx for responding

• 5. Re: Not enough memory.
                  dj_paige Level 9

Since you got an error message saying you don't have enough memory, it's safe to assume that the problem is memory, and so reformatting and re-installing will not help.

You need BOTH a 64 bit operating system and 8gb of memory (or more).

People who have 4GB and/or a 32 bit operating system have exporting problems. People with 8GB and a 64 bit operating system don't have these problems.

• 6. Re: Not enough memory.
                    JimHess Adobe Community Professional & MVP

You need a 64-bit computer with at least 8 GB of RAM. While it's true that the system requirements are much lower than that, with the size of today's images and the complexity of the Lightroom processing, minimum system requirements will only provide minimum capabilities. It really is time for you to consider a new computer. Your present computer can only utilize 3 GB of RAM. So you are terribly underpowered.

• 7. Re: Not enough memory.
                      SuzzyAnne Level 1

Thank you everyone for your help. It is Christmas and I haven't purchased anything for myself yet sooooooooo.  We have "Boxing Day" sales up here in Canada. So 64 bit/8 gigs it is. Thanx again.