5 Replies Latest reply on Dec 2, 2014 7:10 AM by A.T. Romano

Premiere Elements slide show error mesage

Rickyrun

After preparing a slide show I went to "Share" and checked "Burn Video DVD/Blue ray. When Premiere Elements loaded and went to download my project file I received an error message as follows "This type of fie is not supported, or the codec is not installed".

I cannot create the slide show on a dvd.

• 1. Re: Premiere Elements slide show error mesage
          A.T. Romano Level 7

kyrun

What version of Premiere Elements are you using and on what computer operating system is it running?

What is the version of Elements Organizer that you used to create the slideshow?  And what are your workflow steps....

a. create the slideshow in the Elements Organizer Slideshow Editor

b. In the Elements Organizer Slideshow Editor, Output Options/Burn to Disc

which would take the slideshow directly into the Share burn to section of Premiere Elements

I am not seeing how you seem to be

a. prepare slideshow

b. Share/Burn Video DVD or Blu-ray

how are you getting out of the Elements Organizer Slideshow Editor to get to Share/Burn Video DVD or Blu-ray

What is in the slideshow that you have created - photos, how many & what pixel dimensions - videos what format - music iTunes or other?

Let us start here and then decide what next.

ATR

• 2. Re: Premiere Elements slide show error mesage
            Rickyrun Level 1

Just purchased Premiere Elements 13

Windows 7

Slide show prepared in PE 13 Organizer

And then saved as a Project

Opened Project and went to Share and checked video/DVD

It then opened Premiere Elements slide show and when prompted with the file name I it displayed the error message

“This type of file is not supported, or the required codec is not installed”

I will be un available until tomorrow

thank you

Rick Careyette

• 3. Re: Premiere Elements slide show error mesage
              A.T. Romano Level 7

rickyrun

I had been working on the Premiere Elements 13 Windows tryout, trying to cover as much as possible. The tryout has expired. I should have the purchased version by the end of the week.

Elements Organizer 13 is a "new breed" of Elements Organizer along with it "Slideshow".

You say that you have created your slideshow (presumed with one of its 5 themes) and saved it as an Elements Organizer 13 Slides Show Project.

From that point on, this is my take on this which I will confirm again later in the week when I have the purchased version...

a. The Slide Show Project is a creation of the Elements Organizer 13 and remains in the catalog, available for re-edit (limited).

b. The only way out of the Elements Organizer 13 for this created slideshow is Export to yield an AVCHD.mp4 file either 720p30 or 1080p30 which

is saved to the computer hard drive.

c. It is those AVCHD.mp4 files that can be imported into a Premiere Elements project with Premiere Elements' Add Media/Files and Folders/Project Assets.

d. I do not recall there being a viable opportunity to use the Slide Show Project thumbnail in the Elements Organizer 13 workspace for a Share/Burn Video DVD or Blu-ray.

Elements Organizer Help | Create slideshows

More later.

ATR

• 4. Re: Premiere Elements slide show error mesage
                Rickyrun Level 1

Good morning A.T. Romano

I redid a slide show and did step (b.) of your instructions,  and completed / saved the slide show. No error message!  I then went back to the EO and opened the file, went to share and checked Burn video DVD/blue ray. Completed the burn successfully!

I then went back over all the tutorials and could not find the spot where they said to (first you must) export and then close the slide show.

I thank you for the help and instruction

Rick Careyette

• 5. Re: Premiere Elements slide show error mesage
                  A.T. Romano Level 7

Rick Careyette

Thanks for the follow up with the good news that you successfully completed your project. Great job.

I will have more to write about the Elements Organizer 13 new slideshow feature soon.

Best wishes

ATR