5 Replies Latest reply on Dec 5, 2014 5:07 PM by R Neil Haugen

audio is bad?

Gysr

When i import a song .mp3 into the left side and plaay it it sounds fine but when i drag it to the right where my video is the quality all of a sudden gets HORRIBLE whats going on????????

• 1. Re: audio is bad?
          R Neil Haugen Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Utterly and totally clueless. And sadly no way I can even try to help until you offer a bit more info.

In general when asking questions here it's requested on the FAQ listed on the top of the forum's Overview page ...

OS/CPU/RAM/GPU (and which video drivers) ...

Disc layout involved (what internal/external & how connected) ...

Programs (to THE DOT), third party apps & plugins both used and even not used but installed, though especially if they've been in "this" project ...

Codecs/wrappers/cameras involved in producing the footage ...

Project started on current or a previous version of PrPro & migrated forward? ...

Maybe give us a screen shot of your sequence settings, and a better & more detailed description of the sound's ... sound.

Neil

• 2. Re: audio is bad?
            Gysr Level 1

a34fdf416fb670cf0feddd647b11ce76.pngi import a song (circled in white). i double click it and it plays in the gray open square right above it. it sounds fine. I then drag it to the right (circled in red) then when i play the video on the right the song has a lot of static and bad quality.

• 3. Re: audio is bad?

When playing, what are the level bars doing? The vertical ones to the left of the timeline showing audio levels ... where do they peak?

Neil

• 4. Re: audio is bad?
                Gysr Level 1

• 5. Re: audio is bad?

Huh. Well, it's not distorting from over-loud on the timeline. Huh.

Neil