5 Replies Latest reply on Dec 3, 2014 2:55 PM by A.T. Romano

i only have sound

hbg72

T@he marker in on for ex 1 min on a film clip. but i have no picture att all only sound. Whats wrong. The same thing when I import a filmclip and i want to se the clip before put in on timeline, i can´t see anything. Only sound here too.... what can I do?

• 1. Re: i only have sound
          A.T. Romano Level 7

hgb72

The answers are in the details, and you have not given us enough information with which we can help you.

Here is what we need to know to start to help you

1. What version of Premiere Elements are you using and on what computer operating system is it running?

2. What are the properties of these video clips that you have imported into your Premiere Elements project?

a. Brand/model/settings of camera that recorded the video?

b. Properties of video (video compression, audio compression, frame size, frame rate, interlaced or progressive, file extension, pixel aspect ratio)?

If you do not have this information, hopefully "a" will give us some clues.

c. Is this a "it worked before but not now" or "it never worked before" issue?

When you import your video into the project, in project media, do you see a thumbnail for the file, and does the thumbnail display an image from the video?

Or, does the thumbnail present just as an audio file in project media?

Please reword to clarify what you mean here....

T@he marker in on for ex 1 min on a film clip.

Thank you.

ATR

• 2. Re: i only have sound
            videofreek

Hello ATR,

I have a “Only sound” problem as well. De source video comes from my Canon D70 in .MOV format.

I can load, see and modify them in Adobe Premiere 13. But after saving the project to a file for viewing on the computer the .m2t file is not working. Windows 8.1 shows a message “file not compatible”.

I tried many options in the video settings but non of them seems to create a file that is recognized by windows programs such as Media Player Moviemaker and Video.

However, when I use the VLC mediaplayer the files created by Premiere are OK. So there could be a problem with the Windows video encoder.

I checked for windows updates but Windows is up to date.

Any idea wat the problem is?

• 3. Re: i only have sound
              A.T. Romano Level 7

videofreek

Even though we are dealing with the "only sound" issue, your troubleshooting may go into another direction than that of hbg72 who originated this thread and has not yet followed up. So, it might be best if you started your own new thread so that we can focus on your specific issue and how to resolve it. Problems with the same symptoms can (often do) have different causes. But, for now, I will ask the following related to your situation....

a. Is your Canon D70 the same as Canon 70D? If so, you should be recording AVCHD.mov.

b. When you take one of these AVCHD.mov files into Premiere Elements 13 on Windows 8.1 (assumed 64 bit), you see no video. All you have is sound. Is that correct?

c. Nonetheless, even with that condition, you are taking that Timeline to export as a .m2t file from Premiere Elements 13. Is that correct? What are you exact

export settings

Publish+Share

Computer

MPEG or AVCHD and then what?

d. For backup information...project preset and confirmation that your AVCHD.mov is 1920 x 1080p30.

Are you working with the tryout or purchased Premiere Elements 13?

What is the video card/graphics card that your computer uses? Please confirm with Device Manager/Display Adapter: card name, update status, and how many cards.

Thanks.

ATR

• 4. Re: i only have sound
                videofreek Level 1

OK ATR.

Problem solved. As you mentionend in your reply I have to use AVCHD.mov for recording. I used the option "For use on this computer".

Thanks for your help.

• 5. Re: i only have sound
                  A.T. Romano Level 7

videofreek

Wonderful news "Problem solved". Great job sorting through the details to gain your success.

When your schedule permits, could you clarify what the key was to solving the problem....was it in

recording or export settings. If export settings, which did not work before and which work now after?

Best wishes, glad you are moving forward in your video projects.

ATR