3 Replies Latest reply on Dec 2, 2014 5:23 PM by Rick Gerard

Selecting multiple masks by double clicking?

jaygoo

Is it possible to select multiple masks by double clicking on them? I am able do it with one mask but I'm not sure how to combine the selection with other masks.
      Would I just have to do it manually by selecting each layer masks in the layers panel?

Thanks,

• 1. Re: Selecting multiple masks by double clicking?
          Rick Gerard Adobe Community Professional & MVP
          1. Change to the pen tool
          2. Select a single vertex on one of your masks
          3. Hold down the Cmnd/Ctrl key - the cursor will change to a white arrow
          4. With the Cmnd/Dtrl key held down click and drag around all of the points in all masks
          5. Keeping the Cmnd/Ctrl key held down double click on any vertex

You can also hold down the shift key to select multiple points, or you can select one point on one mask and another point on another then double cliick and transform those two points. You can also reveal your masks in the timeline and drag a selection around all of them and then double click.

• 2. Re: Selecting multiple masks by double clicking?
            jaygoo Level 1

Thank you Rick. Followed your method but when I changed to pen tool and holding cmd, it becomes the delete anchor point tool. My settings are probably different. Instead I used the moved tool and made a selection of two masks and then double clicked the area.

Your additional notes regarding multiple points was very helpful. Appreciate it.

• 3. Re: Selecting multiple masks by double clicking?
              Rick Gerard Adobe Community Professional & MVP

It changes to the delete anchor point when you are hovering over a point. When you're not over a point your cursor will change to the white arrow so you can drag to select.

Take a quick look at this Roto demo and you can see how I select points and transform and move them.