I am unable to reproduce. Routing through our Hamburg network, I was able to download the updated version of the Plugin MSI installer from the localized distribution page. Please try clearing the browser cache. If this is on the server you use to deploy Flash Player, please try clearing the cache on the server as well.
to reproduce please try the following:
- in a browser with freshly cleared cache, open page Weiterverteilung von Adobe Flash Player | Adobe
- under "Flash Player 188.8.131.52 (Windows und Mac)" click "download MSI-file" for plugin-based Browsers
- download the file to whichever place you like
- open the file with Orca (part of the Windows Platform SDK, single download here: Download: ORCA MSI Editor)
- within orca, klick on the "Component" table in the left pane
- on the right pane, have a close look at the second line:
- next, on a system with FP 184.108.40.206 or older, install the MSI
- check the FP version shown under "Control Panel" / "Software/Programs"
- at all my installs here, it still reads "220.127.116.11":
it's me again, and i think, an apology might be appropriate
tried to download again from a different network, and all went fine. Must have been the company's proxy, which delivered a cached version due to the fact that filenames are similar.
So, mea culpa! Sorry for the inconvenience.
(gonna kill that proxy-cache right now! )
No worries. Caching issues stumps us up at times as well. These file names only change on a major version update. If your proxy server is caching the files you may want to automate a job to clear the cache before attempting to download the updated file.
Have a great day.