2 Replies Latest reply on Dec 3, 2014 3:47 AM by SharpyUK

Premier Elements 13 Audio cut-out when importing an MP4 movie. Audio plays fine in VLC and WMP.

SharpyUK

Hi Guys.

Just brought PE13 but I'm having problems editing some PlayStation4 footage. The file is an MP4.

2014-12-02 14_28_22-Current Media Information.png

The clip plays fine in VLC and WMP with all audio intact. However, when I import it to PE13, the audio cuts out.

2014-12-02 14_30_05-Adobe Premiere Elements 13.png

As seen in the audio timeline, the audio cuts out. This is around 30 seconds.

I've tried re-transferring the files from the PS4 to my PC but to no avail.

Any Ideas?

Sharpy.

• 1. Re: Premier Elements 13 Audio cut-out when importing an MP4 movie. Audio plays fine in VLC and WMP.
          A.T. Romano Level 7

SharpyUK

I am guessing that it is the audio mp4a files that are at the core of the matter.

Is your video and audio linked at import or do you have them existing on the Timeline unlinked.

You could try

Exporting only the audio portion of the file to mp3 or wav and then re-importing the mp3 or wav into the

project, determining if you have sound and in sync with the whole video.

Publish+Share

Computer

Audio

Presets = one for .mp3 or .wav

and under the Advanced Button/ of the preset selected set for Export Audio only.

ATR

• 2. Re: Premier Elements 13 Audio cut-out when importing an MP4 movie. Audio plays fine in VLC and WMP.
            SharpyUK Level 1

Hi there.

I have tried exporting audio only but it again cuts out at around 30 seconds. I have noticed on some other clips that the audio will play fine in VLC but will cut out at random times when imported into PE13. Do you know of a way that I could seperate audio and video and join them together once they're both imported? Perhaps there is a way to convert the MP4a audio to a different codec?

I must admit, I have a basic knowledge of video editing but I've not come across this problem before. I also tried importing the same clip into Windows Movie Maker (I know, it sucks.) and was presented with an incompatibility error.

SharpyUK