• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Trouble installing CS5 Design Premium- Please help a novice!

Community Beginner ,
Dec 02, 2014 Dec 02, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is nearly impossible for me, someone who is new to MAC's in general, to understand what is going on with my system. But I have learned a little through online searches and community suppory. Ultimately no portion of the program package was ever installed on my computer. Is there anyone you could ask to assist me. I am having difficulty researching the specific error code, which I believe is where I will find my answer. Most of the information I could dig up is outdated, going back many year's and does not apply (unless I am missing something.)

I am also going to post this information to the community and send you another (updated) link. If you could forward it to someone who could help me analyze the logs...errors, I would be grateful. My work is piling up!!

Tech support called me last night and offered little help and asked me nothing about my system or the errors that occured, telling me that the problem I am having is caused by adobe's server updated the plug-ins to only support CS6 essentially making CS5 obsolete. I find that hard to believe since my fiance just installed the the other license (I bought 2 licenses) successfully, the first try, just 2 weeks ago. I have been attempting to install on my system since then, to no avail.

First I would like to note that I have had CS3 trial version and CS4 trial version on my system before and I may not have uninstalled one or both of them correctly.

NOTE: These programs are already present in my utilities: Adobe Air App, Acrobat X.

NOTE: In the CS5 Design Premium Install Window, InDesign is not supported therefore I unchecked that and install the rest of the programs, and also tried to only install only the CS5 Adobe Photoshop. Got the same error in the install window.

This is the error from PDAPP.log (12/1/2014 21:12:26.111 [WARN] DWA.SystemRequirement Memory 2047 MB or greater is required. Require check for memory failed for payload Adobe InDesign CS5 Application Base Files)

I have the logs saved that were written only during the installation time and will post or send it (upon request) to anyone that could, would offer assitance. (I have been chastised for posting the logs to an Apply Community Forum, so I don't want to piss anyone off and reduce my chances for assistance.)

There seems to be some conflicting information about the system requirements, therefore I can't troubleshoot the install problem.

My system:

Macbook, 32 bit

Dual Intel Processor

1 GB Ram (one source tells me I need 2GB RAM, the read me file says a min. of 500MG, the product box reads 1GB)

35 GB Free space

Journaled HFS+, case preserving file system

32 Bit (which I am told CS5 self adjusts from the suggested 64bit)

I have ran a cleaner utility, tried installing in safe boot. And get the same results, nothing installs and the same error message...ERROR: Updating driver data failed. Driver entry was not added. ARP estimated size 3726KB

Questions:

I have the latest version of flash, the system requirement state Flash 10. Do I need to downgrade my Flash?

Could there be any remains of CS4, CS3 from the previous trial versions I had in the past that may be preventing install?

Could anyone explain what this error code from the install window means? ERROR: Updating driver data failed. Driver entry was not added. ARP estimated size 3726KB

What does it mean when this is displayed among my PDAPP.log: [INFO] DWA.SystemRequirement SystemRequirements not mentioned for payload - Adobe Photoshop CS5? (this occurs for all portions of the program)

Mon Dec  1 21:12:26 2014 [INFO] LWANative - pwa_openSession Session key : 67406317-6C66-4D1B-AA06-DBC5443AE0EB

Mon Dec  1 21:12:26 2014 [ERROR] LWANative - OOBElib returned error: 47

12/1/2014 21:12:26.744 [WARN] DWA.Fetchserialnumber Fetch serial numbers returned nothing

12/1/2014 21:12:26.759 [INFO] DWA.Utils PWA closesession returned <result><session>67406317-6C66-4D1B-AA06-DBC5443AE0EB</session></result>

Mon Dec  1 21:12:26 2014 [WARN] DWANative - Install dir is NULL or pdbGetPayloadData error 8 for key-INSTALLDIR and payload id-{CDC977A9-B3BA-4320-BD28-96F2CC91B9E9}

Tue Dec  2 01:00:47 2014  [WARN] PDApp.AppletManager - Unable to get the applet switching info... Response is: 8

Tue Dec  2 01:00:46 2014 [WARN] Setup - Size for ACF from PIM 52585

Tue Dec  2 01:00:40 2014  [WARN] PIM - RemoveQuarantineInfo from File /Users/macbook/Applications/Adobe/OOBE/PDApp/install.sig

It's is alot of information, and many question. So I apologize in advance for the length of the post.

Thank you for your attention!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Dec 02, 2014 Dec 02, 2014

Gratefulbear the ~ indicates that you are reviewing the files within the User/<UserName>/Library/Logs folder.

To browse to your Root Library folder please complete the following steps:

1. Go to the Finder
  2. Use the Go menu and Select Go to Folder.
  3. Type in /Library/Logs/Adobe/Installers

This should then open the Library/Logs/Adobe folder.  Please review Troubleshoot with install logs | CS5, CS5.5, CS6 - http://helpx.adobe.com/creative-suite/kb/troubleshoot-install-logs-cs5-cs5.html for information on how t

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Gratefulbear is the installer failing to initialize?  The PDApp.log is located in your temp directory and is only applicable up to the time of clicking on the install button.  For your reference information on how to locate your log files can be found at Troubleshoot with install logs | CS5, CS5.5, CS6 - http://helpx.adobe.com/creative-suite/kb/troubleshoot-install-logs-cs5-cs5.html.

The PDApp.log and AMT3.log are applicable if the installer is unable to initialize.  If the installation process begins then you will want to go to the Library/Application Support/Logs/Adobe folder to locate the main product install logs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I checked for the logs under Library/Logs/Adobe/Installers. There is nothing there at all.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Gratefulbear can you please post a screenshot of the folder which contains the Logs directory?  You can find details on how to post a screen shot at FAQ: How do I capture and post a screen shot or video?.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have captured the finder window Installers log in finder and in my console. Screen shot 2014-12-02 at 6.54.48 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Gratefulbear the ~ indicates that you are reviewing the files within the User/<UserName>/Library/Logs folder.

To browse to your Root Library folder please complete the following steps:

1. Go to the Finder
  2. Use the Go menu and Select Go to Folder.
  3. Type in /Library/Logs/Adobe/Installers

This should then open the Library/Logs/Adobe folder.  Please review Troubleshoot with install logs | CS5, CS5.5, CS6 - http://helpx.adobe.com/creative-suite/kb/troubleshoot-install-logs-cs5-cs5.html for information on how to interpret your installation log file.  You are welcome to post any specific errors you discover to this discussion.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Jeff. I had no idea I could search that way. Cool, I finally have logs to analyze!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 03, 2014 Dec 03, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am finding ERRORS, nothing FATAL. I am working through the link you have provided to analyze the logs.

This is the first error I encounter in the log: 

[       0] Tue Dec  2 01:04:07 2014

ERROR Updating driver data failed. Driver entry was notadded. ARP estimated size 3726KB

[       0] Tue Dec  2 01:04:09 2014  INFO

Total components installed: 0

Total components repaired: 0

Total components removed: 0

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 03, 2014 Dec 03, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Gratefulbear you can find additional examples of error messages at Installation, launch log errors | CS5, CS5.5, CS6, CCM

My best guess is that you will find DW063 errors but only the contents of the installation log will be able to determine for sure.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 10, 2014 Dec 10, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jeff,

I am having trouble figuring out how to fix my install problem. The only errors and warnings I find in my logs are :

WARN DW036: Payload cannot be installed due to dependent operation failure

ERROR Updating driver data failed. Driver entry was not added. ARP estimated size 3726KB

I have been looking through the links you sent me and I can seem to find anything related to my problem. I don't know what to do from hear.

Is there an advice you could offer?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Gratefulbear are you utilizing the find command within the installation log?  I always start at the bottom of the log and use the find command in TextEdit to search within the document.  You can use the Find Previous to locate the most recent occurrences of ERROR.

The forum won't allow full install logs to post, plus there is no find command so there is no great benefit to doing so, but you are more than welcome to post any additional error messages which you discover.  If you can post the surrounding 5 to 10 lines that should provide enough contact to interpret the error.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is the surrounding lines around the error I mentioned...

11:18:58 2014  INFO Skipping payload {CDC977A9-B3BA-4320-BD28-96F2CC91B9E9} Creative Suite 5 Design Premium 5.0.0.0 as payload is not cached

11:18:59 2014  WARN DW036: Payload cannot be installed due to dependent operation failure

11:18:59 2014 INFO Skipping payload {6A75E573-6909-4D48-BDFA-D8ED118605A5} Adobe Illustrator CS5 15.0.0.0 as payload is not cached Payload {B4975576-60AD-4181-AED4-253FC150B404} cannot be installed due to dependent operation failure.

11:18:59 2014 WARN DW036: Payload cannot be installed due to dependent operation failure

11:18:59 2014  INFO Skipping payload {B4975576-60AD-4181-AED4-253FC150B404} Adobe Illustrator CS5_AdobeIllustrator15en_USLanguagePack 15.0.0.0 as payload is not cached

11:19:01 2014  INFO No operation.  We're done: Updating driver data - Action: Remove driver entry

11:19:01 2014 ERROR Updating driver data failed. Driver entry was notadded. ARP estimated size 3726KB

11:19:03 2014 INFO

Total components installed: 0

Total components repaired: 0

Total components removed: 0

11:19:03 2014 ERROR DW050: The following payload errors were found during install:

DW050:  - Adobe WinSoft Linguistics Plugin CS5: Install failed

DW050:  - Adobe CSXS Infrastructure CS5: Install failed

DW050:  - SiteCatalyst NetAverages: Install failed

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Gratefulbear this usually means that the required language files were removed or can not be updated.

To resolve this error I would recommend the following steps:

1. Run all available uninstallers located in Applications/Utiltiies/Adobe Installers
  2. Run the CC Cleaner Tool to remove any remaining installation - Use the CC Cleaner Tool to solve installation problems | CC, CS3-CS6 - http://helpx.adobe.com/creative-suite/kb/cs5-cleaner-tool-installation-problems.html
  3. Reinstall Creative Suite 5 Design Premium

These steps will usually resolve this error.  You indicated you completed these steps in the initial post but it should have resolve this error.

You could also try renaming the Library/Application Support/Adobe folder.  This will likely disable any installed Adobe applications so please make sure you have run all available uninstallers prior to renaming this folder.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 11, 2014 Dec 11, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

CC Cleaner won't install on my mac saying it is not supported in my version.

I ran the CS5 Cleaner Tool.

I am showing no available uninstallers in  Applications/Utiltiies/Adobe Installers.

Is this sufficient before I rename the ( Library/Application Support/Adobe) folder? Does it matter how I rename it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Gratefulbear I am very concerned that you are unable to run the CC Cleaner Tool.  You are welcome to proceed with renaming the Library/Application Support/Adobe folder.

If you continue to face difficulties you may want to consider backing up your documents and settings and reinstalling the operating system.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, I found the CC Cleaner tool and ran it, found nothing to clean.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Excellent Gratefulbear thank you for the update.  I am less concerned now that the CC Cleaner Tool was able to be ran successfully.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jeff, you are the man!

Everything installed just fine!! I am so relieved.

The file whose name I changed still contained different remnants from other CS products from previous trial versions, and that was the key!

Thank you for your help, I appreciate it more than you know. Unwillingly, as a result, I have a better knowledge of how everything works too.

Have a great Christmas Brother!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 12, 2014 Dec 12, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This is great news Gratefulbear.  I hope you have a great Christmas as well!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines