0 Replies Latest reply on Dec 2, 2014 7:03 AM by Pioneer Athletics

Premiere Pro CC 2014 (8.1.0) freezes while scrubbing timeline

Pioneer Athletics

Using a Mac Mini (late 2012 model), running Mavericks 10.9.5

Processor: 2.6 GHz Intel Quad Core i7

Memory: 16 GB

Graphics: Intel HD Graphics 4000 1024MB

I am also using a 2TB Fantom G-Force Megadisk external HD to store all my media. It is connected via a Firewire 800 cable

I've been having a lot of trouble with Premiere Pro CC 2014. While scrubbing through a project, a frame will all of a sudden freeze in the program monitor. I have my processors displayed on my menu bar and I've noticed that whenever I run into lag time or freezing the 8 processors won't all be firing, usually just one is actually working at that time. I am also only running one program at a time as to not tie up my processor.

All of my source files are usually AVCHD. Most of my work is under 10 minutes long, so they are just short corporate videos not feature length movies.  I understand that editing native files can really slow your processors so with my latest project I consolidated and transcoded in the Project Manager to Apple ProRes in order to test that. Even with that I'm still having the exact same problem.

These are some other steps I've taken to correct this:

1. I've contacted Adobe several times and they told me that the Graphics Card is known to have problems and to contact Apple. I contacted Apple and they said there are no known problems with that Graphics Card it sounds like a software issue. I ran a disk permissions test and uninstalled and reinstalled the software. Same problems. Nothing has worked.
      2. I've trashed my preferences as well

Really it seems that both Adobe and Apple are pointing the finger at each other. All I want to do is edit my videos without having to restart Premiere Pro every 10 minutes.