• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Apps tab missing from Creative Cloud Desktop

New Here ,
Dec 02, 2014 Dec 02, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello and thanks in advance for any help you can provide.

I'm running Creative Cloud on Mac OS 10.9.5. A couple days ago I updated several of the apps through the Creative Cloud Desktop app in the menu bar. The apps updated and they all seem to run fine, but now the Apps tab is missing altogether from the CC Desktop Window, and it's even missing from the CC Desktop preferences. (Please see the screenshots.) Also, when I click on the "Install Adobe Apps" button in the CC Desktop window, nothing happens.

Screen Shot 2014-12-02 at 10.42.18 AM.pngScreen Shot 2014-12-02 at 10.42.30 AM.png

I've un-installed -> re-downloaded -> re-installed CC Desktop several times, along with trying some of the other troubleshooting suggestions I've found here on the Adobe site, such as:

• restarting the computer
  • logging out of CC Desktop then back in again
  • deleting the opm.db file
  • deleting the CoreSync folder
  • deleting the AdobeAAMDetect plugin

Nothing seems to fix it. As I mentioned, the applications all seem to running fine, but I'd like to know that CC Desktop is functioning as intended and keeping me up to date. Any other suggestions?

Thanks again...

TOPICS
Creative Cloud , Installation

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Jun 01, 2015 Jun 01, 2015

Downloading Lightroom 6 was exactly what I was going for when I realized my apps tab was missing.  I'm on a PC, but this screen shot is a look at what I had to modify.  If you can find this same file on your Mac to modify hopefully it'll resolve your issue.

2015-06-01_8-56-01.png

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same issue after i updated it to the new version - Windows here

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm unable to locate and open my apps as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 06, 2015 Jan 06, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Me too. Anyone have any bright ideas?

xxxx.PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 15, 2015 Jan 15, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had this issue. And went through to chat with customer support. I have my apps panel once again. Transcript is below if you want to follow what I did.

Linci Mary: Hello. Welcome to Adobe Technical Support.
Linci Mary: Hi Thomas
Thomas Shambler: Hi there. My 'Apps' tab seems to have disapeared from Adobe CC desktop.
Linci Mary: As I understand you are unable to access the Apps tab of the Creative cloud as it keeps spinning, Is that right?
Thomas Shambler: On a windows machine. Have updated the app, re-installed, signed-out, signed in.
Thomas Shambler: Nope. there is no 'Apps' option even there...
Linci Mary: Thank you for confirming.
Linci Mary: I will be glad to check and help you with this issue.
Thomas Shambler: I put a screenshot up in one of the community forum.
Thomas Shambler: https://forums.adobe.com/thread/1648803?sr=inbox
Linci Mary: Okay
Linci Mary: Thank you for the information
Linci Mary: Lets try uninstalling and re-installing
Linci Mary: Please navigate to C:\Program Files (x86)\Common files\Adobe
Thomas Shambler: Done.
Linci Mary: Let me know if you can see AAM Updater , OOBE folder, Adobe application manager folder 
Thomas Shambler: Yup. See all of them.
Linci Mary: Delete them
Thomas Shambler: Says OOBE folder is in use. But CC is not open.
Linci Mary: Open task manager
Thomas Shambler: Open
Thomas Shambler: Adobe IPC Broker, Adobe Reader and Acrobat Manager, and Adobe Update Service are the only tasks related to CC.
Thomas Shambler: Ah. Ended those tasks. OOBE folder is now deleted.
Linci Mary: End all the Adobe related processes
Linci Mary: Perfect!
Linci Mary: Now navigate to C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe
Linci Mary: Let me know if you can see Adobe Creative Cloud folder.
Thomas Shambler: Nope. I do not see a CC folder.
Linci Mary: Press windows key+ R to open run window
Linci Mary: Type %localappdata% and hit enter.
Thomas Shambler: It opened AppData > Local folder
Linci Mary: Open the Adobe folder
Linci Mary: Delete the AAM Updater , OOBE folder.
Thomas Shambler: Deleted.
Linci Mary: Please click on the below link to run the cleaner tool :
Linci Mary: http://helpx.adobe.com/creative-suite/kb/cs5-cleaner-tool-installation-problems/_jcr_content/main-pa...
Thomas Shambler: Right. At the "Choose from one of the following options to clean up:" window.
Thomas Shambler: 1. All, 2 Flash Player, etc.
Linci Mary: 1.  Please type  E for english and then hit enter.
Linci Mary: 2.  Please type  Y to confirm and then hit enter.
Linci Mary: 3.  Please type  3 and then hit enter. (Creative Cloud and CS6)
Linci Mary: 4.  Please type  1 and then hit enter. (Creative Cloud Desktop app /Adobe Application Manager)
Thomas Shambler: "Adobe Creative Cloud Cleaner Tool completed successfully"
info: Your chat transcript will be sent to thomas.shambler@appgulf.com at the end of your chat.
Linci Mary: Please click on the below link and re-install the creative cloud desktop app:
Linci Mary:
Linci Mary: https://creative.adobe.com/products/creative-cloud
Thomas Shambler: "Initializing Installer"
Linci Mary: Please let me know the status of installation for every two minutes.
Thomas Shambler: "Downloading Creative Cloud desktop"
Thomas Shambler: "Downloading Creative Cloud desktop"
Thomas Shambler: 'We've encountered the following issues: Creative Cloud desktop failed to install. (Error code: 50)
Thomas Shambler: Did not work.
Linci Mary: This issue occurs due to conflicting process running in the background.
Linci Mary: Please open task manager and check once
Thomas Shambler: Only think that is open is "Adobe IPC Broker" and Adobe Update Service"
Linci Mary: Open Task manager, select Show processes from all users.
Linci Mary: Yes delete them
Thomas Shambler: Adobe IPC Broker just popped up, after ending the task
Thomas Shambler: ended task - it started up again
Linci Mary: Okay .
Linci Mary: Try installing CC desktop application.
Thomas Shambler: Downloading.
Thomas Shambler: Same error.
Thomas Shambler: Adobe IPC Broker task seems to originate from this folder: C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe\OOBE\PDApp\IPC
Linci Mary: Navigate to C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe
Linci Mary: Let me know if you can see Adobe Creative Cloud folder.
Thomas Shambler: Yes. I do see it.
Linci Mary: Delete it
Thomas Shambler: It says the folder or a file in it is open in another program.
Thomas Shambler: Only thing I can think of, is that whenever I end the "Adobe IPC Broker" app, it re-starts.
Linci Mary: In this case I request you to restart the system and try
Thomas Shambler: Nothing else is open.
Thomas Shambler: Alright. Will restart.
Linci Mary: Sure
Linci Mary: I'll will keep this case as open if you have any further issues please contact us back.
Linci Mary: Is there anything else I can help you with?
Thomas Shambler: Ok. Let's see what happens.
Thomas Shambler: Thanks for all your help. Hope this resolves the issue.
Linci Mary: Thank you
Linci Mary: I certainly appreciate your patience in this process.
Linci Mary: Thank you for contacting Adobe. Good Bye.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jan 15, 2015 Jan 15, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If every update involves "the cleaner" why don't they just build that into the "installation" process?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 18, 2015 Jan 18, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the chat transcript.  I was able to recover my apps panel because of this. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 04, 2015 Jun 04, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Im stuck in here "Creative Cloud desktop failed to install. (Error code: 50)" and I cant delete the Adobe creative cloud folder and the Adobe IPC Broker keeps reactivating in task manager.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can ignore AdobeIPC Broker process.

Look for Processes like Creartive Cloud , CoreSync_exe *32, Armsvc, Acrotray, AAMUpdater...........................etc

If you are unable to delete the Adobe Creative Cloud folder , simply rename it to Adobe Creative Cloud-old.

Still same ???

Run Adobe Cleaner tool once and check, if present remove Creative Cloud desktop / Adobe Application Manager .

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To tack on to this a hair more, if you're still not able to delete the directory Google how to enter Safe Mode on your computer.  It should temporarily freeze the Adobe processes from loading because it only loads the vital Windows processes, so you shouldn't have any issues deleting this folder.  However, be safe because any time you are deleting software directories you are riding a fine line for chaos (consider this my official warning).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 10, 2016 Jan 10, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Worked for me.

Since the link to the Creative Cloud Cleaner doesn't work anymore (got a 404 at Adobe), had to download from here: Adobe Creative Cloud Cleaner Tool (formerly Adobe Creative Suite Cleaner Tool) Download

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 07, 2016 Mar 07, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 07, 2016 Aug 07, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thank you! it fixed my problem

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 04, 2017 Feb 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, that solution worked

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 16, 2017 May 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the share - worked for me in Windows 7.

New link to cleaner here - Use the Creative Cloud Cleaner Tool to solve installation problems

I did have to open up task manager to clear out a couple processes before I could delete the necessary folders.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 01, 2015 May 01, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I suddenly started having this same issue, and I tried going through the transcript technical support but the "cleaner tool" link has since been removed.  I tried updating the Creative Cloud app and multiple fixes I searched out online but haven't had any luck.  Does anybody have any updated recommendations on this?  Thank you!

2015-05-01_9-20-41.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It happened to me again, and I got it back by deleting the xml file found within configs folder here --> C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe\OOBE\Configs

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Holy smokes!  Carrodri for the win!  Thank you so much! 

At first I deleted the file and it was still missing, so I closed all my Adobe apps >> logged out of the Creative Cloud app and closed >> >> ended all Adobe tasks from my task manager on the Processes tab >> brought the xml file back >> opened with my text editor >> changed the "false" value to "true" >> and my issue was resolved. 

Thanks again, cheers!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Awesome, thanks for the additional info.  Yes, after I had removed my xml file, I signed out from the desktop application, closed it, opened it back up and signed in as well.  Should have clarified that but I'm sure you would have known to do that anyway However,  at this point my apps panel was back...looks like you had to take a few additional steps from here.  But the important this is that it's back!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 06, 2015 Sep 06, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks so much!!! I was having troubles with this for hours on my sunday morning... The trick seems to work for me. What a relief

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 11, 2018 Sep 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Awesome! Worked perfectly. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 16, 2015 May 16, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has anyone had this issue on a Mac or know how to fix it on a Mac?  I have stand alone LR5 already and wanted to try 30 day trial of creative cloud so I could check out Lightroom 6.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 31, 2015 May 31, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem on a mac here. Anyone have a solution to this problem yet?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 18, 2015 Jun 18, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On mac:

– Sign out of Creative Cloud desktop and then exit Creative Cloud desktop.

– Go to Macintosh HD/Library/Application Support/Adobe

– Find and delete the folders: AAM Updater, OOBE folder and Adobeapplication Manager folder

– Run CC cleaner tool found here > https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/cc-cleaner-tool-installation-problems.html

– Select Creative Cloud Desktop and click clean up selected only

– Re-install Creative Cloud Desktop > https://creative.adobe.com/products/creative-cloud

– Log in and apps tab should be displaying with 2015 updates available

You may need to re-install the Adobe application manager found here > Adobe - Adobe Application Manager : For Macintosh : Adobe Application Manager

This has worked for myself and others with the same problem

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 13, 2015 Oct 13, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you! This worked on my mac. 10.13.15.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines