3 Replies Latest reply on Mar 16, 2007 4:08 PM by Captiv8r

RoboHelp Files are Duplicating

MaiaMDaly
      hi

I have no idea what is going on, but I use RoboHelp to create HTML files and then use Webhelp as the single source. However, I now see that these files are being duplicated.

It's possible that I may not know how Robohelp works? :-)

But I've got 6 or so help files -- all basically looking the same except they are in different directories.

Thanks in advance.
      Maia
        • 1. Re: RoboHelp Files are Duplicating
          RoboColum(n) Level 5
          Hi Maia. Can you clarify something for us? Do you mean that you have duplicate files in your webhelp output and the duplicate files are in different directories? Or are the duplicate files in your RH project source?
          • 2. Re: RoboHelp Files are Duplicating
            RoboColum(n) Level 5
            Meant to say that you could try running the unused file report (available from the Tools > Reports menu in X5) to see if any of your duplicate files show up there. If they do, you can probably delete them.
            • 3. Re: RoboHelp Files are Duplicating
              Captiv8r Adobe Community Professional & MVP
              Hi MaiaMDaly

In addition to what Colum offered, I would ask the following:

You say you have 6 or so help files that are essentially the same. Are you saying that you expected to have a single WebHelp output for 6 different versions of the help? If so, you should know that if all are about the same, you will indeed see 6 different sets of the files.

Do you have any Text-Only popups? If so, there will appear to be duplicated files. The WebHelp generation process creates a different HTML file for each popup. These files are a variation of the file name they are linked from. So if you have a file named Bob.htm, you may see a Bob1.htm, Bob2.htm etc. An additional file for each popup.

Cheers... Rick