5 Replies Latest reply on Dec 14, 2014 6:47 AM by lionel234

DW mode Design OK  and design live  not OK

lionel234 Level 1

Hi

1) I think it is a problem of setting but i don't find where ?. When I select "Design" mode  i can see the page with css enable and when select "design+ live"  mode i can't see the css apply ?

DW-coldfusion.png

2) Does use spry  and coldfusion in 2014 make sense in bussiness ?

3) Is there more jobs for integrator HTML css js than coldfusion ( FrontEnd)   ?

regard's

• 1. Re: DW mode Design OK  and design live  not OK
          BenPleysier Adobe Community Professional & MVP
          1. I think that you will get a reply in this forum ColdFusion
          2. Spry is gone, dead! It's been a more than a decade since I last used CF, but I remember that there was a strong client side scripting language available to CF.
          3. ColdFusion as a server side language is not as widely used as PHP
          1 person found this helpful
          • 2. Re: DW mode Design OK  and design live  not OK
            lionel234 Level 1

Thank's for your reply .I ask this question because

1) i read that adobe try to use coldfusion server to  convert CFML  to   HTML 5  "mobile application"  and not only  "browser page" !! . The mobile application  run on phonegap library available .

2) it is strange that spry is still include in DW CS6  ?  ( where is the logic ? !!!)

3) Does use widget in 2014 make sense ?   ( perhaps .......... dead  !!? )

4) Does use catalyst  in 2014 mahe sense ? ( perhaps ...........dead ? ?)

regard' s

• 3. Re: DW mode Design OK  and design live  not OK
              Nancy OShea Adobe Community Professional & MVP

I think we may have a bit of a language barrier here so I'll try to clarify the best I can.

1) ColdFusion is a server-side programming language.   Not sure what that has to do with PhoneGap Build -- a service for compiling mobile phone apps to play on Androids, iPhones, Blackberries, etc.... 

Adobe PhoneGap Build

2) Spry was abandoned in late 2012 well after CS6 came out.  So to answer your question why is Spry still in CS6?  Because CS6 is an old product that is no longer updated.  It is now 4 versions back from the current Creative Cloud release - CC ver (2014.1).

3) Widgets?  Do you mean the now defunct Widget Browser?   Widget Browser was replaced with the Adobe Exchange / Add-ons page.

Adobe Exchange

4) Catalyst?  I assume you mean Business Catalyst -- a unified platform for building and hosting online business websites...  It's still alive.

Features | Adobe Business Catalyst

Nancy O.

1 person found this helpful
              • 4. Re: DW mode Design OK  and design live  not OK
                lionel234 Level 1

Thank a lot for your reply ....for 2) 3) 4)

I read that the engine use by coldfusion to convert CMFL to HTML code ll be update to support  CMFL to HTML5/Phonegap

Coldfusionbuilder send code to coldfusion server that compile the code to a phonegap compatible application "shell app" with the help og phonegap service .

http://www.adobe.com/devnet/coldfusion/articles/build-your-first-mobile-app.html

Drupal is a way an engine because it use specific code API/framework   but we call it a CMS because there is an BackEnd GUI admin side .

regard's

• 5. Re: DW mode Design OK  and design live  not OK
                  lionel234 Level 1

hi

@ben

Whatever file format use by Dreamweaver *.html or .cfm ( in my capture screen). The same button should have the same behaviour.

I think the rendering cfm page in browser mode inside  DW  use the CFML engine that convert CFML to HTML code .

regard's