1 Reply Latest reply on Dec 2, 2014 11:21 AM by JJMack

after installing PS CS5 on new computer, don't have the latest updates and they won't install

hlough

I just bought a new computer with Windows 8 and re-installed my version of CS5 on it but it is the 12.0 version and has the 6.0 version of the camera raw plugin, which will not support my Nikon D7000 camera raw files.  I had CS5 version 12.0.4 on my old computer and the 6.6 version of Camera Raw.  I have gone to the website and tried to install the latest versions and it downloads them to my computer and I run them and it says they installed but nothing has changed in Photoshop--it still shows the same old versions.  I have also tried to update from Photoshop in the help menu under updates and it just says it cannot update any of them and to quit and try again.  I think there is supposed to be a Photoshop update, bridge update, camera raw update as well as a couple others, but again, it just won't install any of them but gives me no real reason to help me know what to do differently.  I have not had a problem in the past of downloading and installing updates and I don't know if it is something with Windows 8 or what, but this is getting very frustrating and also frustrating that I can't actually talk to a person.

Heather Lough