9 Replies Latest reply on Dec 11, 2014 5:01 AM by DdeGannes

LR cant install on PC (Win8 64 bit) due to previously uninstallable test version.

JohnLarsenBallerup

After I tested succefully I have now purchased/rented the LR/PS creative package.

I thought I did an uninstall before installing the package, but when I try to install latest LR version I get the following error message:

<PRE>Exit Code: 7

Please see specific errors below for troubleshooting. For example,  ERROR:

-------------------------------------- Summary --------------------------------------

- 0 fatal error(s), 3 error(s)

----------- Payload: Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 5 5.7.0.0 Adobe_Lightroom_x64.msi_5.7 -----------

ERROR: Error 1714.The older version of Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 5.7 64-bit cannot be removed.  Contact your technical support group. 

ERROR: Install MSI payload failed with error: 1603 - Der opstod en alvorlig fejl under installationen.

MSI Error message: Error 1714.The older version of Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 5.7 64-bit cannot be removed.  Contact your technical support group. 

ERROR: Third party payload installer Adobe_Lightroom_x64.msi failed with exit code: 1603

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

</PRE>

Obviously the uninstall was not complete.

LR can't be seen in the Control Panel Programs.

I have done a Registry clean up with Registry recycler.

I have tried MS Fixit, but cant see LR in the list and dont have activation code (it was a time limited test version)

Can anyone out there please give some good suggestions to get LR installed?

Thanks,

John