9 Replies Latest reply on Dec 2, 2014 1:13 PM by Werlien

Motion Tracker

Werlien

I have an Element 3D  layer with Metropolitan city scape. I have added a Mini Cooper Model. I have animated the car driving down one of the streets. I have animated a arial camera following and booming down into the car. I then have scene with camera viewing front wind shield from back seat. I have two objects that I want to track with back of front seat of car. What work flow would you suggest?  I have rendered the camera view from back seat and tried to use motion tracking but I am not getting the results I want.  I have tried to get help from tech support from Videocopilot but they are not responding to my emails.

• 1. Re: Motion Tracker
          Szalam Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Why would you use the motion tracker? You've created the motion, simply use that motion to drive your animation. Why not bring those objects into Element? Or parent those objects to the null object you used to drive your Mini Cooper.

• 2. Re: Motion Tracker
            Werlien Level 1

Tried those as well but motion is not smooth with back seats. Not sure how to put objects in element.

• 3. Re: Motion Tracker
              Werlien Level 1

I also have logo I need to add to objects. So I was hoping to get motion for objects correct the parent logo to object.

• 4. Re: Motion Tracker

Werlien wrote:

Not sure how to put objects in element.

What? How did you get the Mini Cooper in there then?

• 5. Re: Motion Tracker
                  Werlien Level 1

I imported 3D object file and reconnected the textures. I am trying to added text that follows car interior movement. I do not know how to move the text usually you add camera and animate camera to create illusion of movement of object. I think tracking should work but my attempts have not worked as well as the tutorials I have seen on youtube.

• 6. Re: Motion Tracker
                    Werlien Level 1

The objects are shapes I bevel and extruded and I have no idea how to put that into element.

• 7. Re: Motion Tracker

Werlien wrote:

The objects are shapes I bevel and extruded and I have no idea how to put that into element.

Use Element to bevel and extrude them. How to do that is covered in the Element 3d training area on VideoCopilot's website.

Werlien wrote:

I do not know how to move the text usually you add camera and animate camera to create illusion of movement of object.

No I don't. It depends. In your case, you said you have a car moving through the city. How did you animate that? With Element, it's usually by tying a group to a null object.

Werlien wrote:

I think tracking should work but my attempts have not worked as well as the tutorials I have seen on youtube.

A lot of tutorials on YouTube are rubbish.

Werlien wrote:

I am trying to added text that follows car interior movement.

Like I said before, you should be able to tie that to the movement of the car. If the car's not moving and it's just the camera, then you can use Element to create a null object in world space where the car is and use that null's position in AE to position your text. How to do that is covered in the Element 3d training area on VideoCopilot's website.

• 8. Re: Motion Tracker
                        Werlien Level 1

Thanks I will try that

• 9. Re: Motion Tracker
                          Werlien Level 1

That did the trick I followed the magic_tracking tutorial and it worked thanks for the help