2 Replies Latest reply on Dec 3, 2014 3:27 PM by A.T. Romano

Trouble with .MTS files

tcloudjr

Is Premiere Elements 12 compatible with Everio .MTS files?  Elements will not let me drop an .MTS file in the add video block.

• 1. Re: Trouble with .MTS files
          A.T. Romano Level 7

tcloudjr

Could you give more details on how you are trying to add an Everio .mts (presumed AVCHD.mts) file into your Premiere Elements 12 project?

Also, please tell us

a. What computer operating system your Premiere Elements 12 is running on?

b. What is your description of your computer resources?

Your wording on what you doing has motivated me to ask the above

Elements will not let me drop an .MTS file in the add video block.

"add video block" caught my attention.....

Do you have the AVCHD.mts saved to your computer hard drive, and are using Premiere Elements 12's Expert workspace Add Media/Files and Folders/Project Assets to get the file into the project. And, from Project Assets are you dragging the file to the Timeline Video Track 1/Audio Track 1?

Also, have you updated Premiere Elements 12 to 12.1 Update? If not, please do so. Not sure how much of an impact it will have on the question that you are asking, but, at least, it will get rid of the known Expert workspace text style problem.

We will be watching for further details and clarifications. Any questions on the above, please do not hesitate to ask.

Thank you.

ATR

• 2. Re: Trouble with .MTS files
            tcloudjr Level 1

Thank you for your response.  After posting, I believe I have discovered the answer to my question.  I was trying to drag a video clip from my hard drive to the video track 1 timeline while using the quick workspace. The file format was not recognized, however, I was able to add the video clip by using the add media/files to the Timeline Video Track/Audio Track 1 by using the expert workspace. I have saved my video project successfully.

• 3. Re: Trouble with .MTS files
              A.T. Romano Level 7

tcloudjr

I am not sure what is happening today with email notifications and actual posts in the threads, but again I have received an email notification of a post added to a thread, but the post has not yet been added to the actual thread.

In the email notification that I read

Thank you for your response.  After posting, I believe I have discovered the answer to my question.  I was trying to drag a video clip from my hard drive to the video track 1 timeline while using the quick workspace. The file format was not recognized, however, I was able to add the video clip by using the add media/files to the Timeline Video Track/Audio Track 1 by using the expert workspace. I have saved my video project successfully.

That is great news of your successes.

Although the traditional Expert workspace/Add Media/Files and Folder/Project Assets route will introduce your media to the project, what should also work

a. cascade the desktop and the Premiere Elements Expert workspace and drag your file from the desktop into opened project's Expert workspace Timeline.

What should also work

a. cascade the desktop and the Premiere Elements Quick workspace and drag your file from the desktop into opened project's Quick workspace Filmstrip.

Best wishes with your projects. Any questions or need clarification, please do not hesitate to ask.

Thank you.

ATR