3 Replies Latest reply on Dec 9, 2014 5:43 AM by RameezKhan

Only Premiere Pro CC and CS6 won't launch on startup after installing CC 2014

mstrth

Ever since I downloaded CC, I cannot open Premiere Pro on CC or CS6 -- which CS6 worked fine before. However, all other installed apps on CC work fine, including After Effects. My specs are all up to date, (2012 Macbook Pro, 8GB RAM, 64-bit, etc) and figure there's some kind of bug within Premiere. My Adobe preference folder is set to Read&Write and don't know what to do. I have read that people downloaded and ran CC Cleaner but to no avail to fix the underlying issues. Need help ASAP. Thanks in advance.

• 1. Re: Only Premiere Pro CC and CS6 won't launch on startup after installing CC 2014
          RameezKhan Adobe Employee

Hi,

Do you have any third party plugins installed? Does it crash on the Slash screen or just stays there forever? Does it freeze on a specific plugin? A screenshot would help.

Which graphics card is installed in your computer?

Thanks,

Rameez

• 2. Re: Only Premiere Pro CC and CS6 won't launch on startup after installing CC 2014
            mstrth Level 1

Hi Rameez, thanks for your response. I don't have any third-party plugins installed for Premiere. I haven't even been able to open it since installing CC. It crashes on the startup screen, which I'm guessing is the Slash screen. I don't have how I snapped this screenshot because it goes so quick but when it says "Initializing Application" the slash screen disappears, the program icon on my dock bobs up and down for 5-10 seconds and it comes up with the message "Adobe Premiere Pro CC 2014 quit unexpectedly. Cick to reopen the application again..."

Here are my computer specs:

MacBook Pro (15-inch, Mid 2012)

Processor: 2.3 GHz Intel Core i7

Memory: 8 GB 1600 MHz DDR3

Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GT 650M 512 MB

I'm able to open up every other CC application, so I am puzzled as to why Premiere won't open and continually crashes. I've uninstalled and re-installed.

Attached are a couple screenshots.

Screen Shot 2014-12-08 at 8.51.13 AM.png

Screen Shot 2014-12-08 at 8.55.11 AM.png

Thanks

• 3. Re: Only Premiere Pro CC and CS6 won't launch on startup after installing CC 2014
              RameezKhan Adobe Employee

Hi,

Launch Premiere while holding the Option key on the keyboard. If that doesn't help, try this:

Go to the following locations:

Location 1: When in Finder, click on Go > Go to Folder > ~/Library/Application Support/Adobe

Location 2: Go > Go to Folder > ~/Library/Preferences/Adobe

Location 3: Documents > Adobe

In all the locations, rename the 'Adobe' folders to 'OldAdobe'

Launch Premiere, accept the License Agreement and see if it works.

Note: You will lose your customized workspaces and keyboard shortcuts.

Thanks,

Rameez