3 Replies Latest reply on Mar 14, 2007 9:45 AM by kglad

Linkage

Germ77
      I have not been able to find any reference in the help file on how to set linkage properties through action script. I want to make a scrollpane and then display movie clips in the scrollwindow but the movie clips will change depending what is clicked on in the main movie.
        • 1. Re: Linkage
          kglad Adobe Community Professional & MVP
          you can't assign linkage ids using actionscript.
          • 2. Re: Linkage
            Germ77 Level 1
            Ok thanks, I have been trying to do it with 2 blank movie clips on the stage and adding everything to the movie clips using actionscript. The first movieclip I manually entered into the properties of the scrollpane and it works fine, I am trying to change the movie clip that is displayed in the scrollpane part way throug to another clip that is already made and has a linkage id set of "result_mc".

From what I found in the documentation I thought something like this would work.

var scroll_pane:mx.containers.ScrollPane;
            scroll_pane.contentPath = "result_mc";
            scroll_pane.refreshPane();

(scroll_pane) is the instance name of the scrollpane that I have added on the stage.

Is this even possible to do, if so anyone have any suggestions or even just a link to where I can find more info on changing the clip a scrollpane displays.
            • 3. Re: Linkage
              kglad Adobe Community Professional & MVP
              the code you showed doesn't appear to be related to a linkage id issue. if you really meant to ask if you can use a dynamic contentPath, the answer is yes.