2 Replies Latest reply on Dec 4, 2014 10:14 AM by John T Smith

Publish settings for AIR 13.0 for IOS in Flash

rynalan

I have an app I and I am trying to play back a video at one point. I've imported the video, selected a skin for the flvplayback component, and it works fine in the emulator, but when I publish to my iPad, it doesn't appear.

Under the General tab in the Publish Settings, I have added the .mp4 file and the .swf file for the skin, I think I've done this before for an android app and it worked fine. Am I missing something blatantly obvious?

Thanks.

• 1. Re: Publish settings for AIR 13.0 for IOS in Flash
          rynalan Level 1

Update: I've tried multiple video files, using StageVideo instead of FLVPlayback, and nothing is working. The iPad just sits there with a blank screen.

I've tried using AIR 13, AIR 14, and looking at the .ipa file size changing when I include different video files, it appears to be sending the video file to the iPad, it just won't play anything. I've added loads of event listeners to a FLVPlayback object with trace statements, this is what I see when I debug via USB (again, it works perfectly as a swf on my laptop):

Waiting for Player to connect...

[SWF] videotest.swf - 1848 bytes after decompression

onFlvPlayback_PROGRESS()

NaN% loaded

onFlvPlayback_STATE_CHANGE()

flvPlayback.state == VideoState.BUFFERING

onFlvPlayback_BUFFERING_STATE_ENTERED()

onFlvPlayback_READY()

flvPlayback.source: lft.mp4

metaDataObj.canSeekToEnd: undefined

metaDataObj.cuePoints: undefined

metaDataObj.audiocodecid: mp4a

metaDataObj.audiodelay: undefined

metaDataObj.audiodatarate: undefined

metaDataObj.videocodecid: avc1

metaDataObj.framerate: undefined

metaDataObj.videodatarate: undefined

metaDataObj.height: 720

metaDataObj.width: 1280

metaDataObj.duration: 21.674666666666667

flvPlayback.state == VideoState.STOPPED

onFlvPlayback_STOPPED_STATE_ENTERED()

onFlvPlayback_COMPLETE()

flvPlayback.state == VideoState.REWINDING

So it is getting the metadata, sees the height, width, duration, codecs, etc.

It is buffering the video, and decides it is ready, then without ever playing, it goes to stop, and says it is complete, and auto-rewinds and just gets stuck there. (if I turn off auto-rewind and add a play button, it goes to the rewinding state, and hangs, just like it does when auto is on).

I've seen there are some fixes for video issues in the later versions of the AIR runtime, but those are not available in my Flash CC install, can anyone link me how to add them?

• 2. Re: Publish settings for AIR 13.0 for IOS in Flash
            John T Smith Adobe Community Professional & MVP

The Cloud forum is not about using individual programs

The Cloud forum is about the Cloud as a delivery & install process

If you will start at the Forums Index https://forums.adobe.com/welcome

You will be able to select a forum for the specific Adobe product(s) you use

Click the "down arrow" symbol on the right (where it says All communities) to open the drop down list and scroll