3 Replies Latest reply on Dec 4, 2014 10:16 AM by A.T. Romano

One m2ts file from Sony NEX-5 cannot be imported. Organizer just hangs

johanfall

I have

premier elements 13

windows 8.1 64-bit

One, of many, m2ts files cannot be imported.The organizer just hangs. Why? Is there a workaround?

• 1. Re: One m2ts file from Sony NEX-5 cannot be imported. Organizer just hangs
          A.T. Romano Level 7

johanfall

When you import a video file into Premiere Elements 13, you end up with a copy in the project as well as a copy automatically placed in the

Elements Organizer 13.

So, what happens if you import this particular .m2ts file into a Premiere Elements 13 project? Do you get the copy of this file automatically

in the Elements Organizer without issue?

Could you clarify the "One, of many, m2ts files cannot be imported." Do you mean

a. Only 1 file in the whole batch will not import into the Elements Organizer 13?

or

b. All your m2ts files (that you have tested) will not import into the Elements Organizer 13?

You say that the consequence of .m2ts import into the Elements Organizer 13 is Elements Organizer hang ups.

Do you eventually get a thumbnail (with video image) for this file in the Elements Organizer 13? And, any error

message associated with the Elements Organizer 13 hang ups.

What happens if you rename just the file extension of the .m2ts file from .m2ts to .mov? Any better direct import of these files into

the Elements Organizer 13?

Please review and consider and then we can discuss this further.

Thank you.

ATR

• 2. Re: One m2ts file from Sony NEX-5 cannot be imported. Organizer just hangs
            johanfall Level 1

Hi,

thank's for a quick reply.

Importing the single file into a project indeed gives me a thumbnail in the organizer.

However even after that, when I try to import the complete folder that the file is in, the organizer still just hangs when reaching that particular file. It is the same result if I rename the file to .mov.

I.e. it's alternative a) that fails. Only 1 file in a batch makes the organizer hang. Other m2ts files from the same camera imports fine.

I even have to reboot the computer in order to be able to import media again.

There is no error message.

The suggestion to import the file into a Premier Elements project led me to try to import more files from the same folder. It turns out that the file after the file that Organizer hangs on was corrupt.

So the Organizer says "importing ....123.m2ts" when infact it had already started to import .....124.m2ts which turned out to be corrupt.

Problem solved! (while writing this post)

Again, thank's for the quick reply.

/Johan

• 3. Re: One m2ts file from Sony NEX-5 cannot be imported. Organizer just hangs
              A.T. Romano Level 7

johnafall

Great news "Problem solved!" Great navigating through the troubleshooting to arrive at the solution.

Best wishes

ATR