9 Replies Latest reply on Jan 21, 2015 12:40 PM by Christian31

photoshop premiere 13 can't recognize surface pro 3 stylus.

surfacero 3

My surface pro 3 stylus only has limited functions on Photoshop premiere element 13 like activating the file tab, but can't activate the play or any editing keys?

• 1. Re: photoshop premiere 13 can't recognize surface pro 3 stylus.
          John T Smith Adobe Community Professional & MVP

PHOTOSHOP Elements and PREMIERE Elements are two different programs... which of the two are you using?

• 2. Re: photoshop premiere 13 can't recognize surface pro 3 stylus.
            A.T. Romano Level 7

surfacero 3

From what you wrote I am understanding that you want to use your Microsoft product Surface Pro 3 Stylus with Photoshop Elements 13/Premiere Elements 13/Elements Organizer 13.

If my understanding of your situation is correct, are you using this Stylus with a touch screen or some sort of tablet that came with the Stylus?

The reports for this type of device with Premiere Elements 13 are not good. There have been recent reports of problems with the Wacom pen and tablet models.

I would have to do more homework on the subject, but I do not believe that Premiere Elements (any version) supports touch screen. As for a pen and tablet device, I have been able to use one of these successfully with more recent versions of Premiere Elements. There seems to be lesser reports of problems with Photoshop Elements and these devices.

You could contact Adobe for the Adobe point of view on whether or not Premiere Elements was ever intended to support these devices. You may also want to contact Microsoft about it Stylus as well to get its point of view.

While this device is not working for you in Elements 13, does the mouse perform OK or are there problems there also?

Please review and consider.

ATR

• 3. Re: photoshop premiere 13 can't recognize surface pro 3 stylus.
              surfacero 3 Level 1

Hi, yes I bought the Photoshop Element 13, Premiere Element 13 and Element Organizer 13 and download them on my Microsoft Surface Pro 3 tablet/laptop less then a week ago. The Tablet comes with its stylus that is not made by Wacom, but by N-Trig. The stylus works great on both the Photoshop Element 13 and Element Organizer 13. As for the Premiere Element 13 I can't activate the play, stop, forward, drag, highlight, cut, add media or anything else except the files, edit clip, timeline, text, action bar, tools, window, and help tab from the top of the screen only. 

You say that Premiere doesn't support touch is not true because I can use my fingers to access everything on Premiere 13, but I just can't do it with my stylus. My mouse pad also works. What is the latest version you talked about and is there a fix for this? I just bought mine a week ago, so I assume I have the latest version.thanks

• 4. Re: photoshop premiere 13 can't recognize surface pro 3 stylus.
                A.T. Romano Level 7

surfacero 3

Thanks for the reply which I found in my Inbox email notifications, but not yet posted in your thread in the Adobe Premiere Elements Forum. This is what I found in my Inbox.....

Hi, yes I bought the Photoshop Element 13, Premiere Element 13 and Element Organizer 13 and download them

on my Microsoft Surface Pro 3 tablet/laptop less then a week ago. The Tablet comes with its stylus that is not made

by Wacom, but by N-Trig. The stylus works great on both the Photoshop Element 13 and Element Organizer 13. As

for the Premiere Element 13 I can't activate the play, stop, forward, drag, highlight, cut, add media or anything else

except the files, edit clip, timeline, text, action bar, tools, window, and help tab from the top of the screen only.

You say that Premiere doesn't support touch is not true because I can use my fingers to access everything on

Premiere 13, but I just can't do it with my stylus. My mouse pad also works. What is the latest version you talked

about and is there a fix for this? I just bought mine a week ago, so I assume I have the latest version.thanks

My first thoughts are explore a Stylus driver update and possible options adjusts under a Stylus control panel if it exists.

As I wrote earlier in your thread

I would have to do more homework on the subject, but I do not believe that Premiere Elements (any version) supports touch screen

My initial impression on this was based on from what I had read. So, it is good to learn from you (first hand), that your Premiere Elements

13 is working with your computer's touch screen. I do not have your specific pen and table device, and my tryout of Premiere Elements

13 (latest version released September 24, 2014) has expired, and I have not yet purchased the program.

As I wrote

You could contact Adobe for the Adobe point of view on whether or not Premiere Elements was ever intended to support these devices. You may also want to contact Microsoft about it Stylus as well to get its point of view.

We are not Adobe here. Rather user to user. And, often it is difficult finding an appropriate chat line without getting detoured to Ask the Community.

But, you could try to contact Adobe Chat by clicking on the following

Contact Customer Care

Premiere Elements

Adobe ID, Signing In

Adobe ID, Sign In, Account Help

Chat Panel

If the link does not hold its set, then you will need to navigate to the Chat Panel using the above titles as guides.

The above titles are not ideal, but do lead to a visible Chat Panel. It is hoped that the representative who you reach can

answer your question or direct you to an Adobe department which can.

Is there a driver associated with the Stylus and, if so, are you assured that the driver is updated?

If so, you might want to contact Microsoft about the driver situation for the Stylus.

Is there a control panel for the Stylus, and have you explored the options for its use?

We will be watching for further developments.

ATR

• 5. Re: photoshop premiere 13 can't recognize surface pro 3 stylus.
                  Christian31

Hello

I have exactly the same problem with my surface Pro 3.

I contacted Microsoft and asked them to try the Adobe Premiere element on their machine to test it. I am waiting for this test result.

They also asked me to contact Adobe, but I am only entitle to use this forum.

surfacero 3  please could you inform if you solved the issue.

Thank you very much in advance and best regards,

Christian

• 6. Re: photoshop premiere 13 can't recognize surface pro 3 stylus.
                    surfacero 3 Level 1

Hi, I haven't found a solution to the stylus yet, but I just went ahead and bought a Bluetooth wireless mouse and keyboard.

• 7. Re: photoshop premiere 13 can't recognize surface pro 3 stylus.
                      Christian31 Level 1

Hi Thank you very much for your answer. I am still waiting for an answer from Microsoft and I will let you know if they found a solution.

• 8. Re: photoshop premiere 13 can't recognize surface pro 3 stylus.
                        Christian31 Level 1

Microsoft gave up and told me that the issue is with Adobe Premiere Element, so to contact them.

Anyone has a solution ?

Thank you in advance and best regards,

• 9. Re: photoshop premiere 13 can't recognize surface pro 3 stylus.
                          A.T. Romano Level 7

Christian31

Sorry that troubleshooting has not produced a solution yet. Not sure if there is a solution.

But...those using the Wacom pen and tablet devices have been running into Premiere Elements problems,  from small to large.

One feedback that one got from Wacom was to disable "Windows ink" in the tablet's properties. Is there any such counterpart

in your Microsoft device's properties which can be accessed in the computer?

ATR

• 10. Re: photoshop premiere 13 can't recognize surface pro 3 stylus.
                            Christian31 Level 1

Hi

Thank you for your answer. I did not find the Windows ink driver.  I have tried desactivating all drivers concerning the stylus (in microprogramme (French version)) and everything works the same way (in fact it still does not work)...

What is really amusing is that if you use your fingers or a stylus for Iphone it works.

Best regards

Christian