1 Reply Latest reply on Dec 15, 2014 5:27 AM by Avidmcd

long export times

Avidmcd

My company is moving over to Premiere Pro CC from FCP 7. As a relatively newer user of Premiere Pro CC (2014v8.1) I'm trying to figure out how to set my system for faster exports.

For Example;

I edited a project in 720p (media was shot in 4K-Sony SxS) import and playback were fine until adding basic Color correction. Then extremely choppy playback until I rendered the timeline.

Exported the 14:27 timeline to XDcam422HD 60(50mbps) 59.94fps with a data rate 50.11Mbits/s.

It took  1hour and 18minutes to export!

For an experiment, I re-edited the exact sequence in Final Cut Pro X 10.10.4 (I have a copy on the same machine) Did the same export.

Both Files are identical in size, Mbits.sec, etc.  The Export time was 7 Minutes!

I am sure there has to be a group of settings that I am not aware, that I haven't tweaked or modified to improve the export times.

Like I said the company is moving us to Premiere ProCC and I want to make sure I can export nearly as quickly. These export times seem unbelievably long and must not have something not set correctly.

My Sysytem is:

Mac Pro (Late 2013)

3.5 GHz 6 core Xeon E5

Graphics card: AMD Firepro D500 3072

16GB Ram

Yosemite 10.10.1

Premiere Pro CC 2014:

V8.1

Mercury Transit is enabled

13 GB allocated to PPro

Any help would be appreciated as we will roll this out division wide (about 35 edit stations) within a year.

Thanks in Advance

Mark